Popular Tags: [View All]
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I put my rumis piece on the table and everyone is against me, how can I avoid being shut out of the game in the first (or latest, the second) turn? I place my piece (let's say it's not the 4-long one) and then the next player places his next to mine, the third one and the fourth one also... They can easily totally surround my tile so I'm out of the game and they have more space.
Are there tiles with which I can surely avoid this situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never player the 6 player game, but I think you're right; you might get completely cut off. The four long piece standing up should work, but there might be boards where it doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's what I thought - but then what can I do if everyone chooses to place their 4-long piece around mine? Let's say the maximum height is not 4; in this case I can place a piece on the top but that can easily become my last piece as if everyone else takes care then I can't find any piece that can get close to this piece so high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nolan
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
I realise this is a bit of a late reply but I just got this today. The rules say:

RUMIS+ Special Rule for 5 and 6 Players
+ To avoid the starting player being eliminated prematurely, the other players must place their first stones touching only by the edges not faces.
+ RUMIS+ can also be played in the 'inverse' mode. This means that no stone is allowed to touch the face of another stone of the same colour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer! I have always thought those were only variant rules (by "special rules"). But actually I don't even remember reading the first one so it could have been included in a later edition...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nolan
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
I don't know what edition I got but since I just ordered it from amazon.de last week I assume it's the most recent whatever that is. I can check when I get home and see if it's a second or later edition.

The back of the rules booklet says v1.0 in it.

The rules section said something like "Special Rules for 5-6 players". To me this doesn't sound like a variant but the required method to play with 5 or 6 people. Meaning with 2-4 you play as normal but with 5 or 6 you must use the 'edge only' rule.

By the way, I got RUMIS as well and this has a rules booklet in German only (fair enough, I ordered it from Germany). RUMIS+ has booklets in three or four languages in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.