Popular Tags: [View All]
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is certainly a very simple game of the roll-and-move type, but it wakes memories in me. I was brought up with the television series of the same name (in the US, it was called "Ripcord"), and it certainly was responsible for me doing skydiving of my own between 1980 and 2002 (2500 jumps... well, 2489 to be precise).
The plots in the show were anything from trivial through improbable to ridiculous, but the show had a hidden real value. Making it involved the first large-style freefall cinematography ever. The parachutists playing Ted McKeever and Jim Buckley were excellent parachutists, and the freefall cameramen were pioneers of their trade. My parents believed all the freefall scenes were trick shots; in fact, most of them were not. I found this out when becoming a videographer myself. However, advancements in technology allowed me to do my videos with a load of 1 to 2 kg mounted on my helmet- theirs were film cameras with at least 6 to 8 kg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.