Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I want some animeeples (please no comments on buying plastic toys instead). I can offer the following games and/or some cash. Thanks!
I dont want this game sitting in my closet til christmas (when animeeples become available). My family needs dumb things like this to entice them. I will also send my cubes.

Goa
Puerto Rico w/ expansion
Ticket to Ride the card game
Yinsh
Aquadukt
LunarRails (in shrink)
Thunder at the crossroads
Saint Petersburg

Desperation is a sad thing.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Animeeple beggar...any takers?
Are you offering all of these games??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They are all on the table, and we can make a deal to combine some, or I can give a combo of cash and a game or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lookout games will be selling them to anyone that wants them in December so just wait and buy them direct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wiens
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you didn't want the comments but...
I think the Target plastic animeeples look better than the real thing (if you can handle plastic). And I'm not just saying that because I have two sets that I'll trade for Goa or Yinsh. ninja They're more realistic than the wooden animeeples and are the perfect size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that is what I hear and they only cost like a buck a bag or something insane like that and you need like 3 bags for a full set

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The target bags are all gone, all across the country, and have been gone since Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this is poorly translated from the lookout games website

Quote:
The Animeeples: many small animals in the bag. Approximately 54. Enough sheep, wild pigs and cattle anyhow, in order to have to play no more with Würfelchen Agricola. The word is by the way a composition from “Animal” for animal and “Meeple”, the English name for Pöppel.
Anyhow they were not completely cheap in the production, therefore the bag costs 6 euros. In stamps. Plus postage.

I can't read a word of German so I used Babelfish and this is what I got.

So for 6 Euros you can get the animeeples granted shipping may cost you 20 - 30 dollars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight, on Action News 6: Roving gangs of animeeple beggars terrorize the downtown area and parts of Mt. Prospect, Illinois.

CUT TO: On-Street Interview
CAPTION: Ben Lott, Animeeple Beggar
BEN: Some yuppie handed me a bunch of Carcassonne meeples today. (pause) This city is so cruel.

CUT TO: Office Interview
CAPTION: Dr. David Matchen, Agricologist
DAVID: It's a very interesting sociological development, this sort of existential zugzwang that manifests itself as an impulsive desire to collect little wooden animals. Some researchers have posited that this is just the natural devolution of humanity back to its hunter-gatherer roots, a need to jettison the constant litany of cell-phone calls, IM's, spam, and adsense ads on Boardgamegeek.com.
INTERVIEWER: What's that?
DAVID: It's a website.
INTERVIEWER: What's on it?
DAVID: Board games.
INTERVIEWER: (pause) Like Monopoly?

CUT TO: On-Street Interview
CAPTION: Lt. Robert Wesley, Seattle P.D.
ROBERT: robot My 'men' are working 'double'-shifts in an effort to 'cow' these animeepling ne'er-do-wells into submission!zombie

CUT TO: Office Interview
DAVID: There are others who find this sort of "hoarding" behavior a long-suppressed need in the human psyche, like beer, or watching reruns of "Charles in Charge." It is part of the ur-psychological underpinnings of the human condition. Between you and me, though, it's probably Bush's fault.

Back to you, Jackie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone, I didnt have to sell my car for animeeples, Just Goa and fairytale which were oth collecting dust anyhow. Goodbye wooden blocks...I will miss you. And Zev, I hope you enjoy the craziness some dumb wooden animals can cause. 60 bucks on ebay...geez.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now let's not make this Zev's fault... he should be looking at it as new market opportunity, if anything, given the demand it's caused...

Hey, we need some animeeple smileys. Zoiks, another market.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
badfish20 wrote:
And Zev, I hope you enjoy the craziness some dumb wooden animals can cause. 60 bucks on ebay...geez.

I was kinda sympathetic to your cause, until this swipe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
After I reread it, it does sound like a swipe, not my intention, I love zman. Its just funny how much craziness the animeeples have caused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badfish20 wrote:
After I reread it, it does sound like a swipe, not my intention, I love zman. Its just funny how much craziness the animeeples have caused.

Yeah, imagine if one of the presidential candidates offered free animeeples to everyone if they were elected. Can you say stampede.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.