Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Connor Alexander
United States
St. Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, while at Gen Con my buddies and I were demo-ing Battlestar Galactica, and my wife and my friends fiance were bored. When we finished the game and were thoroughly unimpressed, they came back with tales of this amazing game they got snared into as they wandered off. Skeptical, we allowed them to drag us over to the Rattlesnake table and played a few games.

All I can say is, this game is amazing. Over the course of the next day I bought a copy, 2 of my friends who were present at the demo bought copies, and, after we had played it that night in the hotel room, 2 other friends of ours bought copies. It should be noted that of those 5 copies, only one went to a family with kids.

Here's the lowdown:

There are 16 rattlesnake eggs in the game. Do not call them magnets, despite the fact that they look and act exactly like strong magnets. These are divided up among the players, 2-4. There is a board, this board is covered with snakes of 6 colors. On your turn you roll a die, each side has a different snake color. You must then place one of your eggs so that the center of the egg rests fully on a snake of that color. The first player to get rid of all of his eggs wins.

That's it.

However. When placing your egg there may be one or more eggs already on the board. This is where it gets tricky. In order to place it you will have to figure out which sides attract which eggs, and navigate said egg through several magnetic fields. If you cause any eggs to fall off the board, these are added to your hand. If any eggs clash together, these are added to your hand. Overall it can get very, very tricky.

And that's it. It is an incredibly simple game, but a lot of fun. It can certainly be played well with kids, but I have not done so yet and do not see myself doing so at any time in the future. And it makes a very, very fun drinking game.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Moore
United States
Webster Groves
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I was a little confused by your review until I got close to the end. I played Rattlesnake, too. I found it clever, novel, fun to mess around with - but awesome? Eh, I don't know about that... until.....

Quote:
And it makes a very, very fun drinking game.

Aha. Now I get it! You're right, it is an awesome drinking game!

Another good game that you might like as a drinking game is Jungle Speed. By itself, I find it kinda boring. But throw some beers at it, and suddenly it's hilariously fun. And I suspect Rattlesnake is, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Alexander
United States
St. Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly.

Now, as for Jungle Speed, I can't play that damn game to save my life while stone sober, so I feel I'll stick with Rattlesnake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
One let down for me was: I played 2 copies of this game, and one of them had very strong magnets -> fun. The other one had far less powerful magnets -> way less fun. Luckily the one with the strong magnets is my own copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.