Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thumbed myself by accident (I was just trying to stalk those who thumbed me). I now feel great shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Through The Ages
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. Just click the "grayed-out" thumb--the same one that used to be green.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pollard
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I quote someone and have their name show up? When I quote someone, it just says "quote":

Quote:
How do I quote someone and have their name show up? When I quote someone, it just says "quote":

but I've seen other people quote me by name.... how?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
mtpoll wrote:

Quote:

but I've seen other people quote me by name.... how?

Sorry Mark, but I also have no idea how to do it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pollard
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
droll. very droll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in the first bracket at the front end of the quote, after the "q" you need to put an "=" and then put the name in quotations marks, and then end the bracket. the second bracket at the back end of the quote is the same, so it's just a bracket, slash, q, and then close bracket. does that make any sense. for example:

Quote:

mtpoll wrote:

Mark Pollard wrote:

Whatever I feel like writing here wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdberry wrote:
Yeah. Just click the "grayed-out" thumb--the same one that used to be green.

Erik, Jim's suggestion works, but only for things you recently thumbed. After something like 100 thumbs, anything before the most recent 100 that you've given become permanent, or at least it used to be that way, may not be like that any more, and I'm not sure about the number exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pollard
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test... hey thanks!

Thommy8 wrote:
in the first bracket at the front end of the quote, after the "q" you need to put an "=" and then put the name in quotations marks, and then end the bracket. the second bracket at the back end of the quote is the same, so it's just a bracket, slash, q, and then close bracket. does that make any sense. for example:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
I thumbed myself by accident (I was just trying to stalk those who thumbed me). I now feel great shame.

noblankcomment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thommy8 wrote:

Erik, Jim's suggestion works, but only for things you recently thumbed. After something like 100 thumbs, anything before the most recent 100 that you've given become permanent, or at least it used to be that way, may not be like that any more, and I'm not sure about the number exactly.

This has indeed being changed - there's no limit anymore how many thumbs back you like to un-thumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
G M K wrote:
Thommy8 wrote:

This has indeed being changed - there's no limit anymore how many thumbs back you like to un-thumb.

I should give you a thumb for that answer, but then I would have this overwhelming desire to un-thumb it. Sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.