Popular Tags: [View All]
Is Not Geddy Lee
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So my daughter got this for her birthday from a grandfather who knows we like games. She was excited to try it out and we were able to get a game in today, finally. Here is what I think of the game and I will add in Simone's reactions as well. She turned 7 the other day.

The Game
Pretty simple board, the artwork is ok, nothing amazing. The track itself is pretty neat as it gives you choices in directions to go. Some are longer, some are shorter and there are different goodies along each path. The pawns are plastic and boring. The cards are a little thin and won't hold up to a lot of use or hard play. Simone did ask me for some small card holders so they will stay safer in the box. What a gamer!

The Idea
First one to the end of the track wins. You get there by spelling words and you can move one spot per letter of the word you make. Neat idea.

The Play
Take the dice and roll 'em! There are all 26 letters on the various dice. I have not looked at what combos are together and what frequency in which they occur, but the letters are all there. Now you can make a word and then move based on how many letters there are in that word.
There are certain spots that give you some powers to help things out. Some spots give you permanent letters. If you land on the "Keep a letter forever" spot, you get a card with that letter on it to add to your dice, every turn. There are a few of these.
There are also other cards that you can pick up. These are basically modifiers that you are allowed to use on your next turn only. Some are silly, "If your next word is an animal, move 2 more spaces." Some give you extra letters or letter combinations to use and if you use them, you get extra moves.
There are spots that allow you to move ahead 2, back 2 or to double your move. Since the track loops a few times, you can double back to get a permanent letter if you like.

Overall
Simone's first play was pretty good. She picked up the rules quickly and was excited about making words. She did get stuck at the end trying to make a 5 letter word, but she couldn't see one (she had crimes, but I did not tell her). The game is limited by the kids' vocab and it was hard for me not to put in huge words and take a big lead. I did spend several turns going back for permanent letters, but was able to catch up to her quickly thanks to that. She is looking forward to playing it with her friends and I think this might see frequent table time for our kids groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.