Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the base game.. what should be the next expansions to buy, in order?
thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
I own the base game.. what should be the next expansions to buy, in order?
thx

Doesn't really matter. I would put Terrain Pack last, since it adds the least scenarios and will only please the hardcore fans of M44. Air Pack isn't needed anytime soon either. That leaves the Eastern Front and the Pacific. I prefer the Pacific, but you can't go wrong with the Eastern Front either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rory is right on the money:

(1) Eastern Front
(2) Pacific
(3) Air Pack
(4) Terrain Pack
(5) Campaign Bag (Breakthrough Map)

4 and 5 are only for the die hards and 1 and 2 should be flipped depending on which front interests you the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hemsley
Italy
Desio
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the Eastern Front and Pacific Theater.

After that, I'm thinking about the Air Pack because of the revised scenarios.

I'd wait on the Terrain pack, too. Nothing really in there that's used a lot!

--James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dennis
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware that the Terrain Pack sees a lot more usage in the redesigned rules of the Air Pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Terrain Pack and Winter/Desert Board are mostly out of stock until September anyway. I realize as I type this that September isn't that far away, but it could be end of the month. Anyway, I agree with others: either Eastern or Pacific gives you a great value. I'd give the slight nod to Eastern Front, but that's mainly just a taste preference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eastern Front or Pacfic Theater as #1 and the other as #2. I like Eastern Front because the Russian Commissar rule and the fact that both sides often have Armor. The special rules for the Japanese are fun too but it's still in second place.

I was completely underwhelmed with the Air Rules in the Air Pack. I was quite happy with Tactical Air Power being abstractly represented by the Air Power Card but the 160 player aide cards and the revised scenario book were almost worth it by themselves. The airplane minis are cool. I just don't care how the rules integrate with the original rules.

So I would put the Terrain Pack and the Winter / Desert Map ahead of the Air Pack.

I've not seen and I don't need a Campaign Carry Bag but the Breakthrough Map intrigues me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Watkins
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Russian front best, with the winter board.

Pacific is also good.

I have the air pack and do not like the rules, far too complicated.

Never bothered with the terrain pack.

So I would say buy either the russian expansion or the pacific expansion or both, don't bother with the others available currently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To play scenarios "requiring " the terrain pack do you just substitute other terrain tiles ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
radsailor wrote:
To play scenarios "requiring " the terrain pack do you just substitute other terrain tiles ?

If u like a scenario requiring them build them and then play it I did that way and my custom terrain tiles grown all the way to 30 tiles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.