Thumb up
1 Posts

Typo» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
The group (Holly, Casey, Kristen, Amy, and I) convened at Holly's place as is becoming the habit on Saturday nights.

We decided to start off light (not unusual for us), and I suggested Typo.

As has been said before, the game play here feels like Scrabble and 6 Nimmt had a head-on collision. Each player selects a card and plays it face down. Everyone reveals simultaneously, and then cards get played in alphabetical order in the first round, reverse alpha. in the second.

Long story short, my card stunk (in the first round I had both the "V" and the "Z"!), and my timing didn't help me either. I don't remember the scores, but Kristen won, followed by Holly, Casey, Amy, and I. The general concensus was that the order of scores indicated something about overall vocabulary, but I disagreed with this analysis yuk

With the right group, this is a fun game. Play fast, don't overthink it, and laugh at the funny word possibilities. Helping people with difficult letter placement keeps it loose.

In the wrong crowd, this can drag. With our group tonight, we had lots of fun!

My current rating: 7
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.