Navia Dratp» Forums » General

Subject: Starters, is one superior? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the two starters well balanced? Or, does one hold an edge when played by equal players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Skinner
United States
Seven Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They seem well enough balanced to me. Neither of them seems to have a better synergy, if that's what you mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes that was my question if one was better suited to winning if players were equal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My group saw more of the pieces from Deborah's starter used in tournament play. But for playing one against the other, I think they're pretty balanced: it's just easier to substitute Hansa for Hamulus Garuda, or Nergalgamesh for Agunilyos, where Gyullas Turtle and Olip are harder to replace. I would definitely buy both, rather than doubling up on one.

If you are seeing one side winning over the other in your group, for whatever reason, it is easy enough to address. Just draft for pieces before the game, which should help balance things out. The game is, in theory, balanced for any combination of Maseitai. So switching pieces doesn't present any great problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.