F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

When a submitted file is posted to the "recent additions" list, it appears in the list in submission date order as opposed to the day on which it gets modded.

Here's the problem. A file submitted two weeks ago but only released today, does not appear at the top of the recent additions list, it appears two weeks ago on about page 5.

This does not make sense, it's submission date is not relevant on this list. ( At least not relevant to files which can be held up for a long time ).

As I check the recent submissions daily for my collection I dont want to have to scan back thru pages and pages of the list to see anything new, I should be able to just check the top of the list.

Thanks

FNH1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you using the Filters? I just tried Exclude Filter By Type and checked everything except Files. That carried me back 11 days on a single page. I can get further back if I use Filter By Your Collection to see just my games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The page number isn't really that relevant to what I'm talking about, it the point that things appear "out of sequence".

It's natural to stop reading back-through-time down the list once you reach threads/items that you've already read. But if you do this, you miss the files.

It's just a simple usability thing. The way it works at present does not support use of the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.