Tomas Hammar
Sweden
Gråbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my kids has looked at battleground - crossbows & catapults for a while. Now I saw a sale on toysrus. They have alle the expansions, the war chest AND Battleground Crossboz & Catapults ULTIMATE WAR ZONE.

SHould I get this instead of the war chest starter set? Is the difference only the platforms included or what?

Any of the expansions worth getting since it's a sale?

/Tomas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Get it this game rocks with kids. The extra stuff is fun.

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never heard of the "Ultimate War Zone"...could you take a pic for us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hammar
Sweden
Gråbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As it is now I have no good pic - I just have a toysrus ad in front of me. I will go there tomorrow, and se what the difference is. The ad just informs that the war chest is 80 pieces and the ultimate war zone is 100 pieces (including 2 fight platforms - I guess a board where you place your team or something.)

If I buy the ultimate version tomorrow, I will post a pic.

/Tomas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hammar
Sweden
Gråbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually found a pic here amongst the game pics

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/284240

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hammar
Sweden
Gråbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I bought the big one. The ad did not prepare me for that huge box. The difference is not that big between this and the war chest.

There are war platforms, one for each team. They are the main reason for the big box.

The next unique thing for this box is a "force field" - well, it's a wall/door/moat, that will surrender on three hits. After three hits it automaticly opens. If you look at the picture in previus post - it's the one just in front of the platforms.

That's the end of uniqueness.
You get more soldiers and more bricks to this. 36 bricks to 24 in the war chest, and 10 soldiers to each team (8 in war chest)

I also got the tower expansion. The weapons expansions where nowhere to be seen. I think I might have been satisfied with a standard war chest if they had weapons expansions.

Btw cost 239SEK + 89SEK (ultimate+tower) (regular price was at 689SEK + 289SEK)
In dollars I spent roughlt $52 (normal cost $155) Need I say games could be cheaper in Sweden...

Anyway - I'm happy with my buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This new starter box looks like fun. Is there any chance you could scan the rule sheet and upload it here? A comparative review from someone who owns both boxes about how the changes in the castles affect gameplay would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.