Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Evans
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Simple variant:

My first 3 player game saw a lot less combat partially because of the extra distance between players. Therefore, in the second game we placed our home systems in the second ring around the sun (equidistant from each other) rather than in the third ring. We also ruled that you could not place any explored systems in the third ring until the second ring had completely filled up.

It worked brilliantly. Everybody was as close to each other as you are in a 6 player game so there was a lot more tension. I might consider removing some tiles from the first stake so that the black hole comes up sooner... the game ended the same turn the sun collapsed. I'll have to play a few more games to see if that is normal.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ehlers
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the suggestion, I have not played a 3 player game, but I think that this does sound like a good idea to get people engaged with each other more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.