Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I was playing a 2 player game using both the Fishes from the Fisherman of Catan and the commercial trade tokens.

Question: Can either or both be used once at any point during a players turn? This came up when prior to rolling the dice a player was wondering if they could chase the robber back to the desert prior to rolling?

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Is this the London variant? Fish and chips...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Metzger
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the rules state that, when using fish, commercial tokens are not used, and fish are used as commercial tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this question of Mayfair this morning. I will try to post the answer when it comes in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Norris

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very interested in the answer. Played Fishermen of Catan last night. My friend always wanted to wait for me to build road then say in response I build a road you don't get longest road. I would just tell him no this isn't magic there is not stack, I get longest road. However he insisted no and he kept trying to do it the entire game. Honestly I don't think they should be able to be played on other peoples turns, just to avoid the annoyance of conflicting with what other people are doing, but I am fine with doing it at any point in your own turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't turn in commercial chits or fish tokens before rolling the dice and resolving the roll, like you can't use resources to build before the roll. Although, commerce chits and fish tokens aren't resources, they very much behave like them.

I was wrong. See John's post below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sweeney
United Kingdom
Ashford
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See http://www.catan.com/faq/25-traders-and-barbarians.html

"Catan for Two - Can I use the trade tokens already before rolling the dice?"
"Yes"

Just like you can play a Knight Development card before throwing the dice, you can use Trade Tokens, and presumably Fish Tokens, to drive away a Robber before throwing the dice. The other possible uses don't usually make sense to perform before throwing the dice, but I assume they are allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, must be an updated ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.