Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Katsoulis
Greece
Petroupoli,Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here goes the first one:
1)Baron action card:Levy Taxes "The player of this card immediately gains one crown for each area in which he or she has a noble".He does't have to be in a city and if he is in one he doesn't have to control it to gain the crowns,am I right?

2)In the assembly special phase am I obliged to vote or not(to place a number of vote tokens in my closed fist)?If a law is being voted(yes or no)and noone votes does that mean that it is discarded or does it remain in the agenda for the next assembly?

3)In the movement phase the rules state that if a noble doesn't allow you to move through an area that he is occupying,then you can't move through it.I am in area A,opponent noble is in area B and I want to move to area C.If he doesn't allow me to move through,that means that I finish my movement in area B and in my next legal movement I can reach area C,is this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickkat1985 wrote:

1)Baron action card:Levy Taxes "The player of this card immediately gains one crown for each area in which he or she has a noble".He does't have to be in a city and if he is in one he doesn't have to control it to gain the crowns,am I right?

You have it correct. For example, if you have 3 Nobles on the board in 3 different areas, gain 3 crowns, but if you have 2 Nobles in the same area, you only get 1 crown for that area, though.

nickkat1985 wrote:

2)In the assembly special phase am I obliged to vote or not(to place a number of vote tokens in my closed fist)?If a law is being voted(yes or no)and noone votes does that mean that it is discarded or does it remain in the agenda for the next assembly?

You are not obliged to vote on anything, you can always vote 0. The Chairman of the Assembly breaks all ties (including 0 vote ties), so he would decide the outcome of that particular law.

nickkat1985 wrote:

3)In the movement phase the rules state that if a noble doesn't allow you to move through an area that he is occupying,then you can't move through it.I am in area A,opponent noble is in area B and I want to move to area C.If he doesn't allow me to move through,that means that I finish my movement in area B and in my next legal movement I can reach area C,is this right?

That is also correct. Technically, before you move, you state which hex you are moving your Noble(s) to, when entering a hex with another Noble, you must ask permission, if he refuses, then you do need to wait and you can't change your mind to attack him for not letting you pass as that is not your target hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
The third question has been debated in various previous threads. The discussions have been thus:

Player A asks if his noble(s) will be blocked from arriving at the activated hex (where applicable):

1) Player X says "no" but when the movement is actually attempted he changes his mind and Player A's noble, now being blocked, either: a) stops in Player B's hex (triggering a battle or not - yet another question); or, b) the blocked noble stays where he was and Player A carries out any other actions involving the activated hex (other nobles may be able to reach the target hex); or,

2) Player A asks if he will be blocked and players are bound to stick with what they declare at that time. If blocked then see a) or b) above.

Not sure if anything authoritatively definitive emerged from those earlier discussions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Katsoulis
Greece
Petroupoli,Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks once again for the lightning fast and crystal clear answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubslug wrote:
The third question has been debated in various previous threads. The discussions have been thus:

Player A asks if his noble(s) will be blocked from arriving at the activated hex (where applicable):

1) Player X says "no" but when the movement is actually attempted he changes his mind and Player A's noble, now being blocked, either: a) stops in Player B's hex (triggering a battle or not - yet another question); or, b) the blocked noble stays where he was and Player A carries out any other actions involving the activated hex (other nobles may be able to reach the target hex); or,

2) Player A asks if he will be blocked and players are bound to stick with what they declare at that time. If blocked then see a) or b) above.

Not sure if anything authoritatively definitive emerged from those earlier discussions...

He's right, there has been some discussion about this in the past and I don't think that anything definitive has been determined, either through the forums or in the rules/FAQ. I based my answer in the 1st paragraph under Mobilize Forces on page 9 of the rules:

"The player of this card chooses one area, then may move
one or more unexhausted Nobles into the area, start a
battle in the area, or do both."

It seems that 1 area is chosen, and then he may move his Noble(s) into that area. As moving, he comes upon a hex with another Noble, OR another Noble's city, he must get permission to pass through. If denied, I would say that he would need to remain there until the next turn as he'd be exhausted from movement now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Wood
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official answer from FFG forums:

Quote:
Q: In brief, when does an opponent declare that you do not have permission to pass by his noble?

A: Technically, the player does not need to decide until you enter his hex. You can always ask the player in advance if he will allow you to pass (although he does not have to keep his agreement.)

I hope that this answers your question.
-Corey Konieczka
Fantasy Flight Games
Game Design and Development

Q: When an enemy noble stops you from moving along a road on a Mobilize Forces order, can you declare an attack against him?

A: A battle may only occur in the selected area. Any Noble who ends his movement in the area may participate in the battle. Any Noble forced to stop in a different hex may not participate in the battle.

I hope that this answers your question!
-Corey Konieczka
Fantasy Flight Games
Game Design and Development

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.