Shadows over Camelot: Merlin's Company» Forums » General

Subject: Two More Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first post on The Geek, so I'll introduce myself as Brian Mc Cabe.

What happens to Merlin if he is present on a quest that has ended?

Does he stay there and only travels the next time a travel card controlling him is drawn?

Does he leave the board and wait for the same condition?

Does he go to Camelot when the knight(s) do?

By rule after a quest is ended that requires a siege engine to be placed, if a card for that quest is drawn, it is removed from play after the siege engine is placed, rather than being placed in the discard pile.

Does this apply immediately upon the ending of the quest?

Or are the cards that were involved in the quest returned to the discard pile and available to be drawn once for siege-placement purposes?

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the 'geek Brian.

Merlin remains on the quest until the next "Merlin Travels" card is drawn... and in particular, if he's on a quest that does not reset i.e. Excalibur or The Grail then, per the rules, whenever a relevant black card is drawn, he prevents this from causing a siege engine to be placed.... very handy.

edit: To answer your second question... This refers to the Grail and Excalibur quests, and it's only cards that are drawn after the quest has been completed which are removed from the game...

e.g. in the case of the grail being lost... all despair cards that were on the quest are first discarded.... then the Grail board is flipped over to the siege engine side... now, when any despair cards come out, you do the following:
1) place a siege engine outside camelot
2) remove the despair card (we leave them out on the grail board itself)

Hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Andy. I had no idea what to do with Merlin, but was pretty sure they weren't going to let you off that easy on discarding siege-engine cards.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.