Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a game where my opponent got hammered; it was a virtual shutout. When she went bust, she lost her agent. I also did some assassinating, and she lost all of her agents before the game ended (actually, she was down to 1, who would have to sit out a round). What then? Are we doing something wrong? Did this happen to anybody?

Also, since she was behind, she got to choose who went first, and she picked herself in all but one round, and she also lost all but one round. Is anybody else finding a first-to-go bias?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deputy Director never dies and never goes on leave. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, OK. So she'd have that one. She would have been left with at least the one agent to play. We overlooked the part about him not going on leave. Still concerned about how skewed the game came out, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You weren't claiming the objective when you assassinated, were you?

Since you can't win an objective when you play him, I've found that he doesn't get played that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the person who plays first has an advantage. Since you cannot both take a new card and use its power in the same round, it is a huge advantage to go first. Say I draw a Military card as the first action in the round, whatever you now draw I can kill it when the turn comes back to me, without you being able to do squat about it. Same goes for the other card types too.

Yeah the Assassin is probably my least used Agent as well, given that he doesn't claim any objectives.

The Analyst is the agent of choice if you're behind. It's a nice balancing tool, but of course you have to look out for the Assassin if you make it too obvious that you're using the Analyst any time you lag behind.

Great game!

I'm looking for opponents at JSP, so if you want to play a turn-based version then look me up there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.