Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cory Duplantis
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished my first game of Agricola, and it went by really fast, and just wanted to make sure that I was playing the game correct.

The only difference in the 2 player game is that the occupations are only the 1+, 2 wood instead of 3, and you don't use the beginning 6 action cards on the left of the first board. Is that correct?

It seemed the game seemed pretty difficult to accumulate anything, but it was my first game, so I am still liking it a good bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually in the 3 player game you should be using the regular 3 wood space. It is only reduced to 2 wood for the solo game.

The length is stated as 1/2 hour per player so a two player game should
take about an hour but depends on how you play could easily be 45 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get 3 wood in the two-player game. It's only soltaire that it accumulates at a rate of 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The one big mistake I was making, was I didnt know that you replenished the round cards with arrows as well as the on board actions. This made a huge difference in the amount of livestock and rocks you can get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corin A. Friesen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cajuninms wrote:
The only difference in the 2 player game is that the occupations are only the 1+, 2 wood instead of 3, and you don't use the beginning 6 action cards on the left of the first board. Is that correct?

It seemed the game seemed pretty difficult to accumulate anything...

Remember, in phase 2 you add new good to the action spaces and cards with arrows pointing there even if goods are already there. So if there is already 3 wood on the action space, you place 3 more wood there in the replenishing phase (phase 2). I hope you were playing that right!

And you add 3 wood in a 2-5 player game. It's only 2 wood if you are playing solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.