Subject: Marking on cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
casey stump
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I bought a copy of the High Elves and the Orcs at GenCon this year. I really enjoy the game but have one problem. I just got dry erase markers and they work just fine on the High Elf cards. However, when I mark on the Orc cards, I have to wet it down some and use my fingernail to slowly try to scrape the marks off the card where I can just swipe my finger across a high elf card to swipe it clean. Am I doing something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely you noticed the finish on the cards is different. Later decks use a glossy finish that (imho) is actually more difficult to keep from coming off. The old cards just need a little spit and polish to get the marker off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing happened to my Men of Hawkshold. I've read somewhere on BGG different dry erase markers wipe off differently, and later decks were re-engineered so they erase more cleanly for all markers. But for your Orcs, I suggest trying a different marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used normal Expo black markers on cards from every printing and they work fine, although it's true that Umenzi and beyond have a better finish than previous factions. We do recommend using sleeves for extended use in any case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use sleeves and non permanent wet-erase markers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Christopher
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
In the wonderful game, Bonaparte at Marengo, this is how to get nasty Frenchies out of a village.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use some of that Scotch removable tape. Put a strip across the stat boxes and, if it gets too covered in dry-erase ink, remove and put more on.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/home_office/home...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.