Subject: Component storage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
I was wondering how others are storing their counters and terrain tiles.

I put my counters in a counter tray. They fit fine, including the ones from the F&I War expansion. I put the tray in the bottom of the box, with the board on top of it. Then it dawned on me, what am I going to do with the terrain tiles? Bagging them didn't seem to be the answer. I guess I half expected a couple of tile wells like the Memoir '44 box has. Right now they're just lying loose on top of the board, stacked about five high. That's not terrible. But it upsets my sense of order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ziplock sandwich and snack bags for me.

For each nationality, square counters go in a snack ziplock, which joins the rectangular counters in a sandwich ziplock.

Terrian tiles go in a couple of the sandwich ziplocks.

When I set up the game, I stack the rectangular counters so I'm not fishing one out when a 3 goes to a 2, for example.

I may try a counter tray, but I'll probably keep the tiles ziplocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am bagging it, similar to BradyLS, for now. I am considering doing a custom box insert out of mat board. If I do it, I'll post about it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Morgal
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Experiencing senility daily since... I forget.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Plano container box, probably like you. Everything but the hex tiles fit fine. Because the hex tiles are made of a thick cardstock/cardboard/whatever, (the components in this game are first rate), I just rubber band them into several groups. When the container is in the gamebox and placed flush on one of its lengths, there is just enough room along the other length to fit the hex tiles standing up between the box side and container. You just need to split the tiles up into five or six groups. Voila, everything fits neatly into the gamebox!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clear, plastic zipper bags as above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clear bags for this guy! The only way to go!arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
What I finally decided to do was make a terrain tile tray. I cut down an old Norton Anti-Virus 2006 box. I ended up with was a cardboard tray 1/2" deep, 7.5" wide, and 10 3/4" long. This was deep enough to stack tiles up to seven high. Though I only needed to stack them four or five high. There is room for 20 stacks in a 4x5 arrangement. Yet I only made 19 stacks. I used #20 for the four dice. The overall width left enough wiggle room for me to get my fingers between the tray and the sides of the box bottom so I could easily pick up the tray by its sides. I stapled and taped the corners. My 84 tiles now have a nice orderly home that ought to be sturdy enough to hold up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very ingenious! It's a great way to recycle materials, not to mention a good storage box! wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.