Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note to say Happy Birthday to my now 11 year old son Christian. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Codex1997

He using his birthday money to buy a copy of Agricola. Who am I to argue??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to both of you!!

That boy's gonna have an incredible game collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thron
United States
Caldwell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Birthday, Christian!

And James, as a family man, I think it's great that you'd take the time to post this for your young gaming progeny.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that you'll benefit from your son's own present if you don't already own Agricola yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Birthday :-)

your profiles suggest you are in UK and he's in France?

edit: (just from looking at the flags. the profile explains who's right with his flag choice :-D)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon craddock
United Kingdom
widnes
cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy birthday Christian.

Maybe you can teach your old man how to play now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bazik123 wrote:
edit: (just from looking at the flags. the profile explains who's right with his flag choice :-D)

Yeah, we have three children who are based permanently in France. My wife and I have been forced to take turns working in the UK. We're vacationing in the UK at the moment and will be back in France at the end of the week.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words for Christian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Farr
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy birthday, Christian!

My son will be nine soon and he is my most regular gaming buddy. By that I mean that he plays games with me more often than anyone else, not that he consumes more fibre or anything.

It's so nice to see a thread like this amidst the rants, the sarcasm and the passive-aggressive cerebral flexing that I can't always follow (I couldn't even pronounce Agricola properly).

May you enjoy many more years of great gaming together.

Edited for spelling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting the kids to buy games with their birthday money. Fiendishly clever, although it could disrupt your retirement gaming plan when they move out of home and take them with them (thus we are content for Daughter the Elder and Daughter the Younger to mostly play our games) cool

Happy Birthday Christian!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
Getting the kids to buy games with their birthday money. Fiendishly clever, although it could disrupt your retirement gaming plan when they move out of home and take them with them (thus we are content for Daughter the Elder and Daughter the Younger to mostly play our games) cool

Happy Birthday Christian!

Christian (and our other two children) usually do just play my games. But with Christian getting more into the hobby he has been receiving games as presents.

He has been spending a fair bit of time playing the Agricola flash application on my laptop and that was what made his decision for him. All I can do is make sure I'm available to play it with him whenever he wants.

I just to say thanks to everyone for their kind words to Christian. He had a good day yesterday and received, Marvel Heroscape & two Blue Moon decks (although a third was doubled up on and is going to be swapped).

He spent the day with three of his former schoolfriends which included a mega-Heroscape battle which the non-gaming school friends really enjoyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
solove wrote:

He spent the day with three of his former schoolfriends which included a mega-Heroscape battle which the non-gaming school friends really enjoyed.

Mega Cool! Joyeaux Anniversaire Christian and good for you James.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Cheevers
France
Pamproux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank You All for all of those comments they made my birthday better. And today I am buying Agricola and after I will thrash my DAD!! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Cheevers
France
Pamproux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Agricola but my plan backfired I got thrashed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Codex1997 wrote:
I have Agricola but my plan backfired I got thrashed

General experience and old age does count as an advantage in playing this game Christian meeple

Daughter the Elder (who is about a year younger than you) didn't get to twenty points on her first game. She's not winning yet, but she keeps on trying and is getting better each game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Cheevers
France
Pamproux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well here is Good Luck Face for her
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Christian already mentioned, he got his most wanted game.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/366538

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.