Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Burton
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had a huge disagreement last night. On page 5 of rulebook under Determine Plague lands. The last sentance says "Gods that enter plague lands are automatically banished, since their worshipers lose confidence in their devine power." Then on page 9 under Suffer Plague, second paragragh says " If you have any gods ina plague land, banish them now." In our game a card was played to switch armies and gods between 2 territories of the same player. In which gods and armies were switched with a plague territory. Does the Gods die immediately, or on the owners next turn during suffer plague?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the card you're talking about is 'The Siren Calls'?

I'd play it that the Gods are removed under the 'suffer plague' stage. 'Automatically banished' I think refers to taking them out once plague lands have been determined at the beginning of the game, not after the game has taken play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reynolds
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this would really be a matter of voting, if the plague itself had moved then I would likely banish the god on the suffer plague phase, but strictly calling you could say that the card moved your god into that plagueland.

I would suppose it's just down to a simple vote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aesha Ch
Ukraine
flag msg tools
another one question about Gods in Plague land:
On step 6 I have invide Plague land with (for example) God and 4 armies. Can I attack neighbour territory with these units and God again?
As I understand God and 1/2 of these armies will be removed from the game on Step 5 on my next turn, so untill this I can still use them for attacking, isn't it? Also I can move this God and armies on step 7, so he will be save from Plague in future. Am I right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve brown
United States
Lowell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think the difference in those two lines in the rulebook has to do with the gods entering a plague land versus already being in one when a plague hits. If a god enters a plague land in any way, either by taking part in an invasion or by being sent there by a card, he is banished. However, there are cards that start a plague in an territory that doesn't have one. The gods that are there didn't enter that territory, they were just hanging out there already. They don't get banished until the "Suffer plague step" of your turn.
So, in your example, the god entered the plague land, therefor he would be banished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.