Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Ferrari
United States
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I am new to playing Carcassonne and really enjoyed playing. I am looking to purchase some of the expansions/other games in the Carcassonne series. Can someone recommend which expansions/other games are good for two-player games.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Thomas
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I play Carcassonne: The Castle a lot. It is probably one of the better 2 player carc games, and we really enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I second twinim's "Carc: The Castle" recommendation. I have only the original and the castle, and I found the castle to be a lot more fun 2 player; the competition for "biggest red area" is exciting, and the lax placement rules make it easier to directly interfere with what the other person is doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree that Carcassonne: The Castle is awsome for two players, my wife and I also really like Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers for two or more players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Morton
Sweden
Vällingby
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Carcassonne is at its best when played 2-player with Inns & Cathedrals and Traders & Builders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played The Castle so can't comment on that, but for the basic game Inns and Cathedrals is a good expansion and my wife and I have played heaps of games with just that expansion - it is a very good 2-player that way. Traders and Builders is also very good, but adds to the time somewhat if you are also using Inns and Cathedrals. Obviously this all depends on how fast you play and how much time you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Ham Lake
MN
flag msg tools
mb
My wife and I prefer The Castle for two player as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thron
United States
Caldwell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second the suggestion for the base game and Carcassonne: Expansion 1 – Inns & Cathedrals. I started playing about 2 months ago and have logged about 40+ plays now, many with the Inns expansion, which was suggested to me by many at BGG. Most of my plays came with my 8 year old daughter, Julietta, who wins about 35%-40% of the time. Ok, maybe 50% of the time, but I enjoyed thinking otherwise for a moment there. In any case, since we've added Inns we've never looked back since it added a few tweaks that truly gave the game a touch more depth without overwhelming the smooth gameplay.

Can't get enough of this combination. Can't get enough of Carcassonne. I only wish I'd found the game sooner.meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Ferrari
United States
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the recommendations. I think we are going to start with Inns and Cathedrals and The Castle, then move on to Traders and Builders and Hunters and Gatherers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We like original Carcassonne a lot, including the Inns and Cathedrals expansion.

And our favorite version is actually Carcassonne: The Discovery which is not an expansion but a different game in the series. Its main difference is that after playing a tile, you can EITHER place a meeple on it, OR remove some already-placed meeple from anywhere to score it. This introduces new strategical issues, and also means that having a majority of meeples in an area doesn't prevent other people from getting points; it just means they get less; and if a region becomes uncompletable, your meeples are not locked in it for the rest of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.