Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if the nature of the game lends itself into playing multiple 30 min sessions? Given that there is no board and there are just cards would that help it to be taken down and put up easily while saving it? If everyone put their own cards in a baggy would set up and take down be minimal? Could the game be saved until the next day?

I ask because I'm doing a daily 30 minute "class" with students where we play boardgames, and this looks like something they would enjoy if it could be broken up, and saved.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if you reduce the number of monsters to face you can end the game faster. Try 4 monsters instead of 9. Also analysis paralysis can make the game last longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply.

I don't think I'd be able to cut a 90 minute game down to 30 minutes though, so that's why I was wondering if it could be broken up.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
For a simple suggestion just take note of how much prestige do the players have at the end of the battle in which you want to end the game and the name of the monsters that are yet to battle.

Then start the game with the same characters, same prestige and monsters to fight. Deal a new set of 7 cards and you can continue with the game.

If you prefer to do it right, take note of how the prestige is distributed among the players (trophies, potions, etc.).

Truth is that many elements are important for the game to move on as if you haven't interrupted it. For example healing potions that provide prestige points are removed from the stack of cards therefore altering the future possibilities of adquiring those prestiges. But if you take note of everything each player has that provides prestige points the game can continue as if it wasn't interrupted at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
willdesigns wrote:
For a simple suggestion just take note of how much prestige do the players have at the end of the battle in which you want to end the game and the name of the monsters that are yet to battle.

Then start the game with the same characters, same prestige and monsters to fight. Deal a new set of 7 cards and you can continue with the game.

If you prefer to do it right, take note of how the prestige is distributed among the players (trophies, potions, etc.).

Truth is that many elements are important for the game to move on as if you haven't interrupted it. For example healing potions that provide prestige points are removed from the stack of cards therefore altering the future possibilities of adquiring those prestiges. But if you take note of everything each player has that provides prestige points the game can continue as if it wasn't interrupted at all.

If they keep their cards in separate bags between sessions, there is really no need for bookkeeping. Well, apart from hit points.
Every other kind of information can be stored as cards or counters in the bags. Just remember to remove used potions from the deck.

I would probably lower the amount of encounters in the game, to be able to finish the game in no more than two sessions. It is a competitive game and the atmosphere could be hurt by spreading the game over too many sessions. How many encounters to play with will depend on how experienced your players are.
Also, the number of players will affect the time it takes to finish. I would suggest playing with no more than four people, while teaching the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came up with a basic Excel spreadsheet for tracking games between sessions. The only things which do not "carry over" are the hands of cards; everyone draws a new hand of 7 at the next session. It has sections for Player, Character, Current L.P., Ability Used? (if playing with Deeper and Darker), Items/Potions Possessed, I/P Out of Game, Encounters Claimed, Encounters Remaining, Extra Prestige Points and Notes (where I put things like if the Hydra is out of play). It takes a few minutes for me to jot everything down, but it does the job...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
I came up with a basic Excel spreadsheet for tracking games between sessions. The only things which do not "carry over" are the hands of cards; everyone draws a new hand of 7 at the next session. It has sections for Player, Character, Current L.P., Ability Used? (if playing with Deeper and Darker), Items/Potions Possessed, I/P Out of Game, Encounters Claimed, Encounters Remaining, Extra Prestige Points and Notes (where I put things like if the Hydra is out of play). It takes a few minutes for me to jot everything down, but it does the job...
Could I get a copy of that spreadsheet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really just a matter of titling each column with the titles in my earlier post, but I suppose I can post it if you want when I have more time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.