Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Voisin
United States
Lockport
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the rules to the China map. I was wondering from someone that has played it it. Is it all that hard to keep track of replacing the power plants in steps 1 and 2. It seemed to read like it may be very complicated, detracting from game play? Please let me know how it plays, meaning moves along smoothly or takes a bit to get used to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Favocci
United States
Cherry Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played it yet, but I had to read the rules a few times to figure out how to replace the plants. It doesn't seem that bad. The wording is not the greatest.

1) Add the minimum number of plants

2a) If the number of plants is equal to the (number of players - 1), then do nothing else

2b) If the number of plants is larger than the (number of players - 1), remove the smallest plants until you are left with the (number of players - 1)

2c) If the number of plants is smaller than the (number of players - 1), add plants until you have (number of players - 1) plants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Rueda García
Spain
MADRID
MADRID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MacBeth wrote:
I haven't played it yet, but I had to read the rules a few times to figure out how to replace the plants. It doesn't seem that bad. The wording is not the greatest.

1) Add the minimum number of plants

2a) If the number of plants is equal to the (number of players - 1), then do nothing else

2b) If the number of plants is larger than the (number of players - 1), remove the smallest plants until you are left with the (number of players - 1)

2c) If the number of plants is smaller than the (number of players - 1), add plants until you have (number of players - 1) plants

I also understand that with 2 players 'number of players - 1' is not 1 but 2, as an exception. It seems to me that the rules could be clearer at this point.

In the plant market, during step 1 and 2, you'll always have:

2 players: 2 plants.
3-6: number of players - 1. (2 to 5).

And 4 plants during step 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek U
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
The way I read it is, you still abide by the rule of number of players - 1, but when you're adding plants (and ONLY THEN for 2 players) you always make sure you have 2 on the market. And after you have those 2 on the table, you still remove the one with the lesser value. Thus aside from the 1st round you will always have 1 plant for 2 players in further rounds.

This is more underlined by this sentence in the Phase 2 section of the rules:

"During all further rounds of step 1 and step 2: at the beginning of phase 2, there is one fewer power plant in the market than the number
of players."

So any rounds after the initial one you will always have the following # of plants for the number of players:

2 players - 1 plant
3 players - 2 plants
4 players - 3 plants
5 players - 4 plants
6 players - 5 plants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
First remove plants, then draw new ones so that you have

2 in 2p
2 in 3p
3 in 4p
4 in 5p or
5 in 6p

This is what the rules say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So just so I'm crystal clear here, regarding 2 players.

Ok, so after the first round, we'll start the round with 1 plant. That plant is sold at auction. When it comes time to add plants, we add at least 1 until there are 2 and remove the lowest numbered one. So, if a power plant sells every round, we are basically drawing two and throwing one out every time, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same doubt and posted it in a new thread, but I think after going through the threads we always have 2 cards and discard the on with the lower value so that the bidding becomes more competitive. Request someone to confirm the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.