Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to http://boardgamenews.com:

Days of Wonder’s Mark Kaufmann has said that the game distributor Alliance has sold out of Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries, and since Alliance is DoW’s exclusive distributor in the U.S., the game will soon be available again solely in the Nordic countries present in the game itself. Says Kaufmann, “Unfortunately, we underestimated demand.”

Copies are also available on the Days of Wonder website. “We always set aside some copies for sales on our website, but it is not a large amount,” says Kaufmann. “I don’t know how long they will last, but I suspect not too long.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Underestimated demand?

I thought they had people who view BGG.
That and I'm sure they got at least a hundred requests for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess they did announce it was going to be a limited edition.

update: I told my FLGS about this and the owner told me he anticipated this and so they have 300 copies in stock. Ka-ching.

http://boardgamerevolution.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Sytsma
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I was able to order a copy from Boards and Bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was told at GenCon that it would be limited in that it wouldn't be reprinted in the U.S. until it was necessary for the European market. At that point it would again be made available here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
I was told at GenCon that it would be limited in that it wouldn't be reprinted in the U.S. until it was necessary for the European market. At that point it would again be made available here.

This pertains to most Euro Games.

DoW still drastically underestimated the need for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Kaufman told me in an email three days ago that all Ticket to Ride products are still available, if not through the stores and Alliance then from DOW. So it seems that right now supply is still holding up through the demand. I just got Switzerland this past week from my local gaming shop through a special order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rutt
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:
I guess they did announce it was going to be a limited edition.

update: I told my FLGS about this and the owner told me he anticipated this and so they have 300 copies in stock. Ka-ching.

http://boardgamerevolution.com

Cranian thanks for the heads-up on this site. I usually order from Thoughthammer.com, but BGR has this game for only $35 where TH is selling it for $45! Huge difference. I ordered it from BGR today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plenty of copies here at Milsims in Australia. So much so that a few were on special (AU50 instead of 75). I passed. Not another TtR!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.