Hide
10 Posts

Humans!!!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Zombies!!! vs Humans!!! combat, breaking barricades rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Thavixay
msg tools
1)If I'm a shotgun guy and I decide to attack a player zombie and my attack is successful, may I attack him again?

2)If my player zombie and a nonplayer zombie are on the same square, do I get the -1 bonus to take down the barricade or does that bonus only happen when two or more player zombies are on the same square?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Breitenstein
United States
Cold Sprin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
1. The player zombie is moved back to town square or from the game if he has more on the board. If you can reach him again, then you can attack again.

2. You get the bonus whether it is a player zombie or not.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp
Germany
flag msg tools
I think his question means "Can the Shotgun Player attack a Zombie Player more than one time in one round?"

For example: The Zombie Player is next to my space and my movement roll is 6. Can I hop from my space to the Zombie-Player space, then back to mine, and so on... like three times?

That would mean that i can attack the Zombie-Player three times in the Combat Sequence.

Am i correct?

Can i use my dice tokens to force other players to re-roll their dice?
Like when a Player or Human attacks a Zombie-Player.

Can Zombie-Players use "Zombies!!! Event Cards" like the Chainsaw or the Crossbow to add the bonus to their Capture roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thavixay
msg tools
Yeah, what I meant was could a Shotgun Player attack a Zombie Player more than one time in one round?

If yes, would I have to hop to his space and back to continue the attack or could I just stay on the same square and continue the attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Breitenstein
United States
Cold Sprin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Beachhead wrote:
I think his question means "Can the Shotgun Player attack a Zombie Player more than one time in one round?"

For example: The Zombie Player is next to my space and my movement roll is 6. Can I hop from my space to the Zombie-Player space, then back to mine, and so on... like three times?

That would mean that i can attack the Zombie-Player three times in the Combat Sequence.

Am i correct?

Can i use my dice tokens to force other players to re-roll their dice?
Like when a Player or Human attacks a Zombie-Player.

Can Zombie-Players use "Zombies!!! Event Cards" like the Chainsaw or the Crossbow to add the bonus to their Capture roll?

If the shotgun player is unsuccessful, their movement ends and they may not attack again. If it is successful, the zombie player is removed from the board or back to town square if they only have one pawn on the board.

You can only use the redo tokens on your own rolls.

And Zombies can't use weapons. They aren't that smart.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Take Care,

Kerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thavixay
msg tools
So the zombie player doesn't draw from the wound deck when attack by a shotgun guy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United States
California
flag msg tools
Jing23 wrote:
So the zombie player doesn't draw from the wound deck when attack by a shotgun guy?

That's not what she said. The rules say you use the Wound Deck.

I think the word "success" is causing an issue. In the game Zombies!!!, a successful attack means a successful die roll which always removes the zombie, allowing the Shotgun Guy to continue moving. Remember, the Zombies!!! rules don't allow a Shotgun Guy to "voluntarily leave combat." It makes sense in a combined game that a “Successful Attack” is not just inflicting a wound, but also removing the Player Zombie. If the Player Zombie is not wounded, or is wounded but not removed, the attack is unsuccessful, and the Shotgun Guy’s movement ends. If the Shotgun Guy’s attack is successful, removing the Player Zombie, then Kerry’s post applies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
ZomCom wrote:
I think the word "success" is causing an issue.
I agree. I also agree with your ruling, but I don't agree with your reasoning and would like to have Kerry give the final word. Combat is different in ZvsH, the terminology between Z and ZvsH is different, some ZvsH and H rules suggest the opposite of your ruling, and there is no precident for 2-hit zombies in Z rules, so bending the Z rules to apply here isn't entirely convincing.

To rephrase the question:
On a shotgun guy's turn, what happens after a combat in which the shotgun guy wounds, but does not kill, a player zombie? We know he takes a single zombie from the pool, but is he able to do anything else, such as continuing his movement or making another attack, on his turn?

I have some other ZvsH questions, but would like a definitive answer to this one first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United States
California
flag msg tools
I like chiming in when I find the question interesting. Hope you don’t mind, I think I did this to you elsewhere on this forum. An official ruling is always more satisfying.

I have two questions.

Is it correct to say a Shotgun Guy can never be auto-captured like a NPC human because the SG can always enter a human or Player Zombie or zombie square?

Can NPC humans and zombies enter the same square? Seems like the human could not enter the zombie square, which could cause an auto-capture. Seems like a zombie could enter a human square, but there are no procedures for NPC to NPC combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't mind at all; you pinpointed the cause of confusion and provided a reasonable ruling. I'm glad for every contribution and interpretation I read when looking at the discussions here. Also, this isn't even my thread or question, and your ruling and resoning might have been sufficient for the topic-creator. I'm still looking for official confirmation, though.

As for your first question, I also had been wondering about auto-infection and you make a good observation. I'd readily agree with your ruling.

With the second question, I have to say that it makes sense, thematically, for there to be NPC to NPC combat, but I can only wonder as to what rulings would be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.