Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Remove basestar from game - con mis-call? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Finley
Canada
flag msg tools
Hey...

When my friend picked this (awesome!) game up at GenCon, and was demoing it there, he was taught by the demo'er that a basestar destroyed by a nuke remains out of play for the entire game - that it can no longer be put in play regardless of cylon attack cards.

Having played it, this seems strange, and we can't find any reference to it in the rulebook. I'm inclined to think it's a rules mis-call (either a misrecollection, or a recollection of an earlier draft) by the demo runner. Anybody know for sure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sulin
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know for sure but what I do know is a lot of times the guys running the demoes for FFG are usually new to the game as well. If you are lucky the guy isn't reading the rule book for the first time as he runs the game.

I wonder if it would be a smart move by FFG part to maybe have all there con volunteers meet the evening before the con starts and get them all up to speed on the games they will demo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Konieczka
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A nuked (and destroyed) basestar is only removed from the board.... it can return later to wreck havoc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we played it, the game owner had it such that a nuked basestar does return to the board whenever an event or whatever calls for it to return. It seemed the "correct" way to play, although brutal since that same one returned twice more. Well, it does reflect the frustration as seen in the TV series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Don't tell me you can actually tell then apart?!?

All the frakkers look the same to me ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
azuredarkness wrote:
Don't tell me you can actually tell then apart?!?

All the frakkers look the same to me ...
There's only 2 of them in the game. It wasn't that hard to keep track of them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.