Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Goodall
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game delayed to stir up more interest: Probably closer to the start of the new year.

Star Wars - Return of the Jedi
Game #2

Note: This is not the Final Version of the rules. I very much would like input on what people think, if they have any suggestions, etc... Preliminary start date is Oct 6th. If that's too soon, we can push it back, but both this game and the Endor game need to start on the same day.

Assault on Death Star #2
Number of Players: 19

Objectives:

Rebels

Major Victory: “Knock out the main reactor” & “I feel the good within you”
1) Accomplish Lando or Wedge’s special victory conditions by destroying the main reactor.
2) Successfully turn Darth Vader to the good side and defeat the Emperor

Minor Victory: “Gold group, Red group, all fighters follow me.”
1) Defeat all Imperial starships

Empire

Major Victory: “Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station.” & “The hate is swelling in you now.”
1) Defeat all Rebel starships
2) Successfully turn Luke Skywalker to the dark side

Minor Victory: “Your fleet is lost, and your friends on the CentralE moon will not survive.”
1) Destroy Lando and Wedge’s ships

Roles:

Good

Luke Skywalker – “I will not fight you, and you’ll be forced to kill me.” When Luke enters the game, he will be a prisoner of the Emperor inside the Death Star. His objective is to turn Darth Vader to the good side and defeat the emperor. Luke is the only good side character that may accomplish this effort, though the success or failure of the rest of the team will affect his chances.
Powers: “I feel the conflict within you.” TBD

Lando Calrissien – “She won’t get a scratch.” Lando pilots the Millennium Falcon and leads the fighter attack against the Death Star.
Powers: “We’ll last longer than we will against that Death Star.” Once the shield generator has been deactivated, Lando may opt to leave the fray in space and attempt to knock out the main reactor.
“All wings report in.” Calrissien and Wedge are Masons who begin the game aware of each other’s identity.

Wedge Antilles – “Lock s-foils in attack position.” Wedge has shown exceptional bravery in battle, receiving the rank of Red Leader.
Powers: “I’m with you Gold Leader” Once the shield generator has been deactivated, Wedge may opt to leave the fray in space and attempt to knock out the main reactor. Should he reach his goal, the good side will achieve at least a minor victory. Wedge may ignore the first damage point dealt to him (excellent pilot).
“Red leader standing by.” Wedge and Lando are Masons who being the game aware of each other’s identity.
--Wedge will only be in the game if the Rebels achieve at least a Draw on Tatooine.

Admiral Ackbar – “We can’t withstand firepower of that magnitude!” The Mon Calamari leader receives updates from the entire battle scene. With his valuable presence onboard, the Cruiser Ackbar is in receives on additional armor point.
Powers: “All craft report in.” Ackbar is the seer character for the good side. Each night he may ask an ensign (me) to update him on the status of one ship. He will then learn if the ship is flying for the Rebellion or the Empire. If he hits upon Vader, he will receive the response “not a ship.”

2x Mon Calamari Cruisers
5x X-wings

Evil

Emperor Palpatine – “So be it, Jedi.” Ruling with a ruthless iron fist and grotesquely wrinkled face, the Emperor’s main goal is to turn the last remaining Jedi to the dark side of the force. The Emperor uses fear and dismay as his tools, displaying the awesome power of the Imperial forces. The Emperor is a public role, and cannot be killed sitting in the safety of his Death Star throne room.
Powers: “Fire at will commander.” Each night the Emperor will announce the target of the Death Star’s superlaser. If it is a capital ship, it will be destroyed. If it is a starfighter, I will flip a coin. On heads, it is destroyed, tails it survives.
“You want this, don’t you?” TBD
“Rise, my friend.” The Emperor may PM freely with Lord Vader.

Darth Vader – “It is useless to resist.” Darth Vader knows nothing other than blind obedience to the Emperor, something Luke hopes to change. His objective is to turn Luke Skywalker to the dark side, though the success or failure of the rest of the evil team will affect his chances.
Powers: “Shall I hold sir?” Vader is keenly aware of the functionality of the Imperial Fleet, and will be informed anytime an Imperial starship is destroyed.
“You don’t know the power of the dark side.” TBD
“As you wish.” Vader may PM freely with the Emperor.

Admiral Piett – “Intensify forward firepower.” Piett is the Empire’s main man in the sky. His instructions are clear and he follows them to the “T.” Piett is seated in the Star Destroyer “Executor” and has one additional armor point.
Powers: “We only need to keep them from escaping.” Each night, Piett may fire two shots instead of one, but may not destroy a ship with either shot. One of the shots is made publicly, and the other secretly PM’ed to me. Admiral Piett may not make a secret shot unless he has also fired a public shot.
“Something special planned.” Each night Piett may PM me the name of one player he wants to know about. He will receive the response “good starship/not good starship.”

1x Star Destroyer
4x TIE fighters

Major Objectives:

Destroy starships

Each side may win by destroying all the starships on the other team. This is done by the firing of lasers at other ships, as well as by the Emperor’s special ability.

Each day, every starship player is allowed to select a target to shoot at. If they select an enemy ship, they will deal one point of damage to that ship. If they select a friendly ship, there is a 50% chance they will deal one point of damage and a 50% chance they will miss (collateral damage). If a ship receives hits equal to the number of armor points it has, it will be destroyed (killed). Note that starship players do not have to shoot each night. These shots will be tallied in standard WW fashion (eg. “[vote ptper]”)

Ships have the following number of armor points:
Capital Ships (Mon Calamari Cruisers & Star Destroyers) – 4
Starfighter (Millennium Falcon, cannot be hit by friendly fire) - 3
Starfighters (X-Wings and TIE Fighters) – 2

Turning of Luke and Vader

Luke and Vader’s ties to the force dangle precariously. Each one may be turned to the other side, indicated by their “balance” in the force. If either character is swayed too much to the opposite side, they will be turned.

Progression – Dark Side +5, +4, +3, +2, +1, 0, +1, +2, +3, +4, +5 Good Side

Luke may be turned in the following ways:
TBD

Vader may be turned in the following ways:
TBD

Characters are turned as listed here:
Luke Skywalker – Starts at ??? good, Turned at +5 dark
Darth Vader – Starts at ??? dark, Turned at +5 good

Destroy Death Star #2
Once the shield generator is down (objective in Endor theatre), Lando, Wedge, or both may choose to break off from the main fight and attempt to knock out the shield generator. If they are both already defeated, the Empire receives a minor victory even if all Imperial starships are subsequently defeated (though the Rebels still win if the Emperor is destroyed).

Should they choose to knock out the shield generator, Lando or Wedge (or both) must PM me any night after it is revealed that the shields are down. They will then begin their foray into the heart of the Death Star. The next night, I will allow remaining TIE fighters to pursue them.
TBD

Also, since the Emperor is a public role, some players may want/not want to play this role. If you want to be the Emperor, please PM me. I will pick the Emperor at random from the players who express an interest.[/b]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Star Wars: RotJ DS2 - Begins Sept 15th? Signups
Player List According to Cassandra:
bwt2q

1 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/3361...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's blow this thing and go home...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BFL's going down (under)
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a TRAP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid this game is quite operational...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Star Wars: RotJ DS2 - Begins Oct 6th? Signups
This won't be the first time I've defended/exploded my big broken ball.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaulW
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Star Wars: RotJ DS2 - Begins Oct 6th? Signups
If you somehow get enough people for Monday, I'll be AFK most (if not all of) the day on a business trip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.