Atlantic Star» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Miller
United States
Grand Rapids
flag msg tools
Beth and I had not played our copy of Atlantic Star in quite a while. We had played the two player version one other time. This version allows more card control than a multiplayer version, but also allows for higher value routes.

The players were Beth and Bruce.

In the two and three player game each player controls two cruise line companies. Beth used a balanced approach finishing one cruise line before starting her second. I used the opposite strategy finishing the yellow (Baltic), and green (Mediterranean) routes first. The five star scoring column was not used and the game was much closer than the score below shows. Beth was stuck with an unplayable card in her hand, and I ran out money early. We also tied on a Pacific (blue) route, and a Baltic (yellow) route, but because I was first to place my route in the scoring column I had a higher score.

Bruce - 104
Beth - 50

Using the method below, the game is a 7.

Top Shelf 10 - Sell your car to own it, lose sleep to play it.
Your Shelf 7 - Buy it, play it, you'll like it, but it's not a 10.
Friend's Shelf 4 - Play it first, let somebody else own it. Buy it if it suits you, or if your friends are cheap.
Nobody's Shelf 1 - Do not buy it, do not play it, life is too
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.