Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been wanting to make another video, but the right game to do just hasn't jumped out at me. So I figure it's time to learn how to do polls! If about a bazillion people vote and its very strongly for one game, I'll bind myself to it, otherwise I'll take it as a suggestion. Here are the explanations for my considerations...

Xēko Mission: Madagascar: This is an environmentally themed CCG. I enjoy it, but it doesn't seem to be very big which is why I wanted to do it. My reservations about doing it are that I'm afraid only a handful will even watch it because it's such an unknown.

Agricola: This is the opposite concern. I like this game a lot and can see why so many people have reviewed it, but it already has 30 reviews, 2 of which are video reviews, one of which is by BGWS, so I kinda feel like I'd be the little brother begging to do what the big kids are doing.

D&D Power cards: So I recently made a bunch of power cards for my character in 4ed D&D. I think it would be fun to do video capture of a screen and show how you make them, sorta in the style of "You Suck at Photoshop." However, this is not about a board game, and I actually have no idea how to do screen capture video so I'd have to figure that out.

RoboRally: This one would be fun, but it's an oldie. I'm not sure how many people are interested in seeing a video for a game they already know about.

Citadels: This was my latest purchase. It seems fairly straight forward, which I guess is why I'm not super excited for it. It would be a fine video, but generally I like to try new things, and nothing really creative is coming to me for this.

Blue Moon: I have all of the basic expansion decks (don't have Emissaries or any of them that change the rules). It seems like this would possibly be the most informative, since I could go through each deck.

I appreciate your input, but of course I reserve the right to discover something new and do it instead, or do one that didn't get very many votes, because dammit I'm an ARTIST!

Poll
What should the next video slide-show explanation thing be?
Xēko Mission: Madagascar
Agricola
D&D 4ed Power Cards
RoboRally
Citadels
Blue Moon
      107 answers
Poll created by banyan

If you have an idea for something else entirely, let me know in a comment!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go for RoboRally. I dont care if it is an oldie, it is FUN!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
Greece
Marousi
Athens
flag msg tools
Game on!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can I find your previous video?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh "Der Spieler" Spillers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boards of Games wrote:

http://penrose-triangle.blogspot.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Richter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played RoboRally and I already own The 'Gric. So go for the oldie but goody so I can see if I might like!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgreys wrote:
Boards of Games wrote:

That is my personal blog, so it does contain my videos, but also other stuff. Also, I only update it once a week, so I have a few things that haven't been published there but will be sooner or later, and among them is my video exploration of Ca$h 'n Guns: Live.

There currently is not a place dedicated to all, and nothing but, the video explorations of board games, but if I keep it up, and if someone offers to buy me the server space, then there will be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
Greece
Marousi
Athens
flag msg tools
Game on!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
banyan wrote:
jgreys wrote:
Boards of Games wrote:

That is my personal blog, so it does contain my videos, but also other stuff.

Yeah,
I watched a couple of your video-slideshows on youtube.com and they were good.Keep it up. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kubalak
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Xeko is great. And, frankly, how are more people going to find out about it unless there are more reviews?

Nothing against RoboRally, but I prefer to see reviews about stuff I haven't heard too much about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What preview button?
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roborally is cool, though not overly complex. I'm interested in learning more about Blue Moon. I keep seeing a number of people saying good things about it, but I haven't really looked too deeply into yet. Would like to see more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Xeko is a great game with an important lesson. It needs, and is worthy of the attention of high-profile game advocates like you.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hbj79 wrote:
There seems to be a lot of support for Xeko from new users out of Washington....strange.

Haha, I noticed that. It seemed unlikely to me that about 50 Xeko supporters voted for it in the span of about half an hour. I've already started a RoboRally video; hopefully it'll be up by the end of next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill parker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hey, no fair, I was one of those Xeko supporters, we have a huge following up here in the Detroit area and when it was brought to my attention that this was a possibility I logged in and voted hoping to see what you produce (as did a few others apparently). If you are looking for 7 random people to stumble upon this page and vote then why bother, but if you actually are doing a poll that announces your intentions, gets your website a lot of traffic and new user accounts (which you received) then you should honor your intentions. Oh yeah, I forgot, "your an artist" and will do whatever you feel like doing anyway. Lame

-b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leroyparker wrote:
Hey, no fair, I was one of those Xeko supporters, we have a huge following up here in the Detroit area and when it was brought to my attention that this was a possibility I logged in and voted hoping to see what you produce (as did a few others apparently).

Hey, don't worry, I plan on doing something for Xeko soon.

leroyparker wrote:
If you are looking for 7 random people to stumble upon this page and vote then why bother, but if you actually are doing a poll that announces your intentions, gets your website a lot of traffic and new user accounts (which you received) then you should honor your intentions. Oh yeah, I forgot, "your an artist" and will do whatever you feel like doing anyway. Lame

-b

If you knew how much this hurt my feelings, I bet you wouldn't have said it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill parker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Thanks for the response, it sounds like you do care, I'm sorry if that was overboard.

-b
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kat costa
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
badge
Yup.
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for Xeko because it's a neat game that almost nobody knows about. I have lots of the cards, but I'd like to have others to trade with. Since I already know how to play the game, I suppose I did have an ulterior motive in voting, but I stand by my answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.