Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else have a favorite movie line that they *just* can't seem to work into conversation at that perfect moment?

Mine is Bruno Kirby's retort to Billy Chrystal in City Slickers:

BC: That was, "Have a pleasant and restful evening."
BK: No, that was, "I like your ass. Can I wear it as a hat?"

It's not the pickup line (?) I want to be able to use, but the full intent of the retort. *Still* awaiting the perfect moment . . .

*sigh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can never find the right time for this line:

"We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A scene that randomly popped in my head is the one from the Dirty Dozen where Donald Sutherland has to pretend to be a general.

DS: Where you from son?
Soldier: Madison City, Missouri, sir!
DS: Neeeeeever heard of it.

That scene had me on the floor and yet I think I'm the only person who recognized it for its hilarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Blott wrote:
"We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major..."

You're not hanging out with enough geeks, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep waiting in Chit Chat to use the line from Ratatouille:

Remy: [testing food with Emile] Are you detecting a certain oaky nuttiness?
Emile: Oh, I'm detecting nuttiness, all right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Back in my fist-fightin' days, I waited for years for the perfect moment to deploy a DeNiro line from Mad Dog and Glory: "You want to do Dodge City with me, motherfrogger? I'm a froggin' mad dog!"

I finally had the chance to drop the line when some jerk started acting the fool at a punk show my band was playing. It was shaping up to be quite a brouhaha, until I busted out the line (using my best hardcore-singer high-volume growl) and all my friends started cracking up, 'cos they knew how excited I was to finally use the line.

Nothing takes the wind out of a good set-to like a fit of the giggles.

EDIT: Frogged the cussin'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja Random ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny Osborn
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mb
My personal favorite - from Clint Eastwood
"Your egos writing checks your body can't cash"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Blott wrote:
I can never find the right time for this line:

Hmm... this comes up at my Presbyterian Church's Session meeting.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm stilling waiting to do the slow-clap.

The one where there's a "moment" and being the first to recognize it, I'll start clapping and everyone else will join in clapping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb

TV Episode of M*A*S*H. Hot Lips thanks Hawkeye from some kindness and Hawkeye says, "It's the least I can do. I never want it said I never did the least I could do."

There's another one I've posted twice before. Jill Clayburg said it to Jeffrey Tambour in Never Again. (F-bomb alert)

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I like the word fuck. It keeps me in touch with my sexuality in lieu of the actual act.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are at least 50 lines I feel this way about... fortunately, at that volume they tend to drown one another out, and it only hurts when I watch the actual films in question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife appears to be biding her time until she can use Bender's classic (offscreen),

"In his case - small. Wooooooo."

I hope she never needs to use it on my account . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.