Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Trezise
United States
Nashville
TENNESSEE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent these questions to the game mfg/designer after trying the game with two others one evening. The experience generated several questions that have not been replied to (much to my chagrin). So, maybe a more regular player can tackle these...

1. Start City - After the initial placement, do the left over start city tiles go back in the pool?
2. Tile Placement -
Can a tile be placed on the edge, legal placement as far as extending a line, etc. but where a spur of it, say a T tile, points off the board?
Can a tile be placed next to 3 other tiles, say above, below and left, but only connects the above and below? The left tile not having a spur there.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Glosser
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've used the following:

1. Per my rules (there are at least 2 editions from what I understand) 'Unused starting city tiles ARE placed in the tile pool.'

2a. Shown as valid in my ruleset, although not stated in the written portion.
The 'good' example shows a starting city with a T track with the bottom of the T pointing to the area below the starting city.

2b. We rule this as Not Permitted. Disallowed under the '--- Tile must connect to an existing rail line' rule. We interpret this as: if there is a rail spur on a tile you are connecting to, the spur must connect to a spur on your tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Glosser
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like there are at least 3 versions.

The Images section here shows a version with the top box-panel printed in a slightly italic, cursive font. The same picture shows tile trays with the two top-corner slots indented from the lower two.

There is also a pair of scans showing the top and bottom box-panels done in an Arial style font. The bottom shows the 4-city tile and 'Central Pacific' in the top third. The game description in the middle third and the warning, copyright and play information in the bottom third. The copyright section is 4 lines deep.

My box has the 4-city to the left of the title and the description and '100% WOOD COMPONENTS' in the top right. The box appears wider than the earlier box and the copyright information is on two lines instead of four.

[edit: added missing quotation mark]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.