Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Cheevers
France
Pamproux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only tried Agricola with 1 and 2 players, with all of the games that you've played what is the best number to play with?

Thank's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Sergeant
United States
Burlington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played it with 2 and it's great. This weekend I'll finally get to play with 4.

On the main game page there is a poll for the best number of players with 220 votes. The current results are:
Best with 3, 4 players
Recommended with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 players

You can look on the main page for the exact details of results.

Safe to say it's great with almost any number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
It plays really solid with any number of players. I really like 5 as there are more resources available early in tjhe game but more competition for everything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say 4 is the optimal number of players.

In 5 the game takes too long and the overall competition for resources is almost always likely to leave someone out or far behind.

Though i will say that i'm pleasantly surprised at how well it plays with 2, i find it rare that games which support up to 5 players actually scale well down to 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Mather
California
flag msg tools
OK, one time Randy Beaman had to take baths with his brother. So one time his little brother took a potty in the bathtub .....and now Randy Beaman gets to take showers alone. 'K, bye.
badge
One time, OK, see, one time Randy Beaman's little brother ate Pop Rocks and drank a soda at the same time and his head exploded! 'K, bye.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to chime in and say the sweet spot is 3-4. My only knock against 5 is that there is only 1 Bake Bread space in the full version (unless of course, I'm playing wrong).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I only played with 4 once, and I was troubled by how hard it was to get the animals, especially Cattle. It is possible for the cattle to come with only 4 turns remaining, which means if everyone takes 1, someone will get none, and everyone else will only get 1. In the 5 player game there is additional way to get animals so that you at least give them a chance to procreate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every game has a poll about the best number of players in the
main section. While some comments here may shed some interesting light on it the poll has opinions from a much wider base. Its current results
are

Best Recommended Not Recommended Vote Count
1 6.0% (9) 72.5% (108) 21.5% (32) 149
2 17.0% (30) 69.9% (123) 13.1% (23) 176
3 60.0% (114) 36.8% (70) 3.2% (6) 190
4 68.4% (132) 29.5% (57) 2.1% (4) 193
5 30.1% (52) 56.6% (98) 13.3% (23) 173

So it seems that 3&4 players is what most people think is best but even the solo,2 and 5 player games are recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Cheevers
France
Pamproux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank's everyone and really thank you to Don Poletti but I have not done the Vote count cause I have only started senior's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.