Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
My first question: Does capturing a VP counter have any effect on movement of the capturing unit?

In fact, I could not find any reference in the rules to the specifics of capturing VP counters at all. I have assumed that moving a unit onto a VP counter's hex is all that is necessary to capture/obtain it, but the rules don't actually say that anywhere I could find. So we were wondering if, for example, a light infantry unit could capture two VPs in one two-hex movement (assuming that moving onto them was all that was necessary).

Secondarily: If a scenario special rule says that a VP counter must be "captured and held", does this mean that the capturing unit must remain in that hex for the VP to count? So if the unit was to move off or be eliminated from that specific hex, the VP is lost to the side that gained it? And if lost, it could be regained by another unit of that side occupying that hex later?

These questions represent what I think this phrase means, but it would be good to have it spelled out in specific terms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I have assumed that moving a unit onto a VP counter's hex is all that is necessary to capture/obtain it, but the rules don't actually say that anywhere I could find. So we were wondering if, for example, a light infantry unit could capture two VPs in one two-hex movement (assuming that moving onto them was all that was necessary).

Yes, unless it says the VP must be held then all you have to do is move through it. In response to your second question, if it says it must be held, then it is considered to be controlled by the last side to have a unit move through the VP hex.

Thanks,
Grant Wylie

Worthington Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the capacity of boats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis E. Hernández

Puerto de Sagunto, Valencia, SPAIN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cartking24 wrote:

Yes, unless it says the VP must be held then all you have to do is move through it. In response to your second question, if it says it must be held, then it is considered to be controlled by the last side to have a unit move through the VP hex.

Thanks,
Grant Wylie

Worthington Games

I don´t see the difference . In both cases having the unit moved through the hex seems enough... So "held" never means remaining in the hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gameluis wrote:

I don´t see the difference . In both cases having the unit moved through the hex seems enough... So "held" never means remaining in the hex.

The difference is that if it doesn't need to be held, you can take it off the board and can never lose that VP.

If it does need to be held, you have to leave it on the board and if the enemy enters that hex, you lose the VP until you can enter that hex again.

But you're right. 'Held' doesn't mean sitting on the VP marker and not moving off it. It just means move on it and then prevent the enemy from onto it later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis E. Hernández

Puerto de Sagunto, Valencia, SPAIN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Evan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.