Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J R
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola finally made it out, but the person who requested it was conspicuously absent. Hopefully one of the players can post a summary, as I had to leave early.

At the other end of the table we had a three-player game of Vikings using the expansion and a four-player game of TTR-Card Game.

Vikings looked like it was going to be very lopsided as Sean went into a huge lead after the second big scoring and maintained it through the game. But at the end he only had two fishermen and lost a ton of points to finish with a measly 58 points. I made a bit of a comeback in the third big scoring and finished with 59 points. Could have had 60 but made a mistake placing a single man. Paul, who was trailing by almost 30 points after the third scoring, made a huge comeback with fishermen. He was able to feed 35 but only had twenty mouths to feed, which gave him the win with 60 points. This was the closest game of Vikings I have seen to date with everyone also finishing over 50.

First time playing TTR-Card Game. It is an interesting and quick game, but otherwise hard to comment. Paul seemed to luck out by getting dealt a hand of two card routes, while the rest of us had long routes, and as a result cleaned up by a margin of at least 50. Bob was brave and did not look at his hand before deciding to keep all of his routes, though he did score one bonus route that brought him back into the positives.

Not sure what got played after I left

See everyone next time

Gen_Jack arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About how many folks show up? The wife and I have been thinking about joining in one day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This session was a tad lower than average turnout, at 9. I'd say 11 to 12 is the average. Much the same for the similar Kanata group, that meets at Kravings in the Kanata Centrum on Tuesdays in the intervening weeks (each group's session is biweekly, so this week was Wednesday/Legion, next week is Tuesday/Kravings, the week after Wednesday/Legion, etc. I try to keep info up to date at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/199 but I tend to fall behind for weeks at a time.

The Agricola game was a mammoth, clocking in at about 3 hours after 30 mins of teaching and setup. It was everyone's first play of Agricola as a multiplayer game but I'd played the solitaire flash app a few times before. And that early understanding of the mechanics and the ability to plan for future events that must have been lost in the mountain of information for the completely-new gave me an insurmountable edge, and I won with 55 points (if not for a last-action-of-the-game blunder, would have been 57), fully 20 clear of second place. I think consensus was to try to keep it to 3 or 4 players for evening sessions in the future because game length grows linearly with number of players and we came dangerously close to still being unfinished at lights-out time with 5 players.

I know Bob & co played some Kill Doctor Lucky after you left, not sure what if anything also hit the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.