1 Posts

Catan» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yehuda Berlinger
flag msg tools
Daniel 10, Yitzchak 9, Saarya 7, Jon 7

The old adage: "Two people fight over longest road, third person win" was true here. Actually, three people fighting over it let Daniel walk away to victory.

He was the only one buying developement cards, and three at a time at that, since he got 4 sheep and 2 ore for each 6 rolled.

The most productive spot on the board: 8, 5, 10, wasn't grabbed until my 2nd placement as 2nd player. I understand the first two settlements on brick, since brick was only 4, 11, and 3 in the game. But I really don't know why it took until 7th settlement for that one. It was very nice for me too, being on wood and ore, when my first settlement was on sheep, wheat, and brick.

Saarya started off with an awful position, only 9, 10, and 11, but with some help got back in the running. At one point, he was so far behind that I traded him a sheep and brick for his brick, just to prevent him from trading with any of my opponents. A little wierd. Yitzchak lost the opportunity to win at least twice, as he was dividing his attention playing both SoC and San Jan at the same time.

In the meantime, Yitzchak pulled Longest Road first, when he forgot that he couldn't place his settlement only one edge away from mine. Then, before he culd build, I swooped in three roads and plopped my settlement down on his road, stealing longest road. Eventually, Saarya took it, then Yitzchak again. Note that the three of us ended with 7 points each, and a longest road swapping around.

We kept track of dice rolls during the game:
Roll Count
2 1
3 1
4 5
5 1
6 11
7 1
8 11
9 3
10 4
11 4
12 1
Yes children, 7 was rolled only once, and at mid to late game. Nobody had to toss anything, but I did block an 8 for one round (4 wheats to Yitzchak, and 2 to Saarya).
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.