Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Raabe
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 2-player game it seems like there's just not enough competition for the bonus tiles. I guess that's why the game ends early if one person gets enough of them. Since they are so much easier to earn when only fighting one other player for them, I was thinking of reducing the value of each bonus tile by one, in 2-player games.

It might still be necessary to end the ability to claim bonus tiles (but not just end the game) at a certain point if one players claims every bonus tile possible for a layout, and now the other player is uncontested for the remaining tiles. Of course at that point the player with all the bonus tiles should be driving the game to its end anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured that was the whole premise behind a 2p game. It's a chance to put in more legwork and get more out of it. Of course, while you're able to get the things you want (relatively) easier, so is your only other opponent, so while racking up bonus bonus, so is he if he's playing his cards right.

That and the fact that you need at least 2 guests at your house to receive a gift from an incoming guest (attempts) to balance out the 2p games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.