Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So we'll be moving countries across the Pacific (from New Zealand back to Canada) sometime in the next few months and it's likely going to be cheaper to sell most of our gaming collection off rather than trying to ship it all over and incur huge shipping fees (and possible further GST and customs fees as well which still I'm unsure of).

I'll be posting a few valuation requests here in this thread and would appreciate some help on coming up with some values for a few games...

1st one:

I've got a punched but in mint condition copy of the original Warfrog Struggle of Empires. Not the second printing edition made by Eagle Games.
Is there any difference in value in these two editions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
yanno, I was wondering the same thing. I have the Eagle Games version and it looks identical in print quality to all of the other Warfrog stuff I have so I am not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Given the availability of the game as published by Eagle, and given that the quality of the components in both is identical (the only difference between them is the Eagle logo on the box), I'd say that it's worth the going rate, which is about $40. If you want to wait until the Eagle Games edition is completely out of print, then I would expect the value to go up. Right now, it's only worth a bit more to collectors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks Isaac... that's helpful info.

Ok... another one. I have the original Rio Grande El Grande game (pre-Decennial version) as well as the Rio Grande El Grande Expansions.

They are both unplayed and in mint condition.

What do you think a fair price for both of these together would be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Another one.

I have Age of Steam punched but unplayed as well as the first 3 "official" expansions. The 1st is unshrinked and also unplayed and #2 and #3 are still in shrink.

I'm looking to get a ballpark figure on what the value of this set should be. Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I'm not sure about the base game of El Grande, but the expansions are about $20. We still have a copy for sale at our FLGS, and I toyed with the idea in "investing" in it. Turns out, it's not that much in demand now that the Decennial edition is out.

Regarding Age of Steam, the base game has been regularly going for $100 on eBay, and the first expansion alone had topped $75. If you put that together in an auction, you could possibly get $200 or more for the set. OR you could play it. It's an awesome game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, you could play it...

except that the topic starter is moving

Anyhow, i'm sure you can avoid paying tax - we did, and just moved from china

in fact, here ya go:

http://www.escapeartist.com/efam/86/Canada_moving.html

esp. the section:

Ensure all your possessions you bring with you are listed with values in Canadian Dollar have two copies ready - one to keep and one for the officials. To speed things up when you land you can download and print the forms B4 and B4A from the CBSA website. It’s best to have all your lists typed out to make life easier for the officials. Also, you will need the same forms for the goods to follow (if any). No import tax or duties are payable on settlers personal and household effects as long as you have owned, possessed and used them prior to arrival in Canada. If possible try and find any receipts and/or registration documents to support this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.