Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Bishop
United Kingdom
LEeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
when the imp. rex card is revealed its game over and the duder with the highest number of victory points wins..

However does this still apply to that person if they currently did not control their homeworlds? The rules say public objective cards cannot be claimed if your homeworlds are captured, but im not sure if u technically claim when its imp. rex..

ideas?

thanks

btw this is based on last game where i had 9 points at imp rex time but lost my home world just before.. Someone on 8 points thought the rule shouldnt apply to me ;o)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you're "claiming" the Imperium Rex card; it's just saying "Game over. Whoever is in the lead wins."

Unless I forgot a rule, it makes no difference whether you have your homeworld at that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Norton
United States
Seymour
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Firestone IV wrote:
I don't think you're "claiming" the Imperium Rex card; it's just saying "Game over. Whoever is in the lead wins."

Unless I forgot a rule, it makes no difference whether you have your homeworld at that point.

I agree.

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I also agree. Without your homeworld, you cannot claim objectives, true, but Imperium Rex is not an objective that you claim; it just ends the game.

The rules do not say you have to be in the lead to win.

Technically, if playing by the base-rules-as-written, you could win if you had 8 points, then lost your home system, got ahold of Imperial, and played it to get your last 2 points. (There is a variant that prohibits this, where you can't score ANY points, objectives or not, without your homeworld, though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.