Subject: Adding games owned using Apple Mac rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J A
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Hi,

I'm new to the forums and have tried to add several games I own to my account. The problem I've been having is that when I search the game and then select 'add,' it loads and then doesn't record that I've performed the action.

As such I cannot account for my owned games, wanted games etc, although I can record plays of games.

It might be because I can using a Mac rather than PC, but just thought I'd ask to see if anyone has had similar problems/answers.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Mac and it works fine in Firefox 3. What browser are you running? Possibly some security setting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Been using safari, should probably consider converting to firefox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Tried using it in firefox. Still doesn't work. I get the same pop-up and enter the games name and 'add.' After which it just shows 'loading' briefly and then it disappears with no game added.

Any other suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where's this "add" you're talking about? I'm not following your procedure.

To add a game to my collection, I either:

(1) Browse to the game entry such as http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/18602 then near the bottom of the page, click Record Information, then click the Own box.

or

(2) enter a fragment the game name (such as cay) in the Search box at the top of this screen, then click in the Status column of the resulting page and click Owned, then click Save.

Try one of those two, see what you get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowie
Spain
Inca
Baleares
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im using Camino, Firefox and Safari on Mac and i can add/remove games in my collection without any problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Please post a list of the exact steps you are trying to take, beginning with going to boardgamegeek.com, to add a game. That will help us figure out what's going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Mr Duff you're right on the money, it works using your method.

Previously I'd click on my user profile, go to the 'own' section and try using the 'add' tab in there, but it did not show up in the collection. Using Steven's method when clicking on Agricola I found around 10 copies at the bottom of the page awaiting additional information.

So that solves my problem.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, that makes sense now.

When you do it that way, it does add the game into your collection, but it doesn't yet know which "thing" about the game you're wishing to add, ie, do you own it, do you want to play it, trade for it, etc. So it adds a completely empty copy, waiting for customizing.

It's a shortcut that only saves time once you're familiar with the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.