7 Posts

World of Warcraft Trading Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Pre-Constructed Decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Graham
Canada
flag msg tools
What are two pre-constructed decks you would recommend to start off with?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
They don't have preconstructed decks, which is unfortunate. What they do have are random starters that are technically unplayable as-is. They also have raid decks, currently three different decks, you don't want those.

What I would do is basically what I did, buy one or two starters. Then go to Wal-Mart, they have bundles of cards (I think 60) for $6.97, buy a couple of those. You won't get anything great, but they will get you into the games relatively cheap.

Don't go overboard, wait until you've played a few games. If at all possible play with another person's cards first to find out if you even like the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Graham
Canada
flag msg tools
Ok, thanks for the info. Perhaps I'll wait for the Warcraft miniatures game instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the new core set: 'Drums of war', includes 2 pre-constructed decks, each of 42 cards.
It's coming out in November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sunblaze
Canada
Somewhere
Ontario
flag msg tools
I just played a couple games today at lunch with just the Drums of War starter. I found it was much more balanced and meaningful then two starters from the original set were(the 32 card starters).

I advise getting the Drums of War starter if you and a friend are interested and don't want to invest in it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Lopes
Portugal
Coimbra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the instructions and it says the decks must be of 60 cards, does this means we've got to buy more cards to play with the drums of war starter set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Odin_Knight wrote:
I've read the instructions and it says the decks must be of 60 cards, does this means we've got to buy more cards to play with the drums of war starter set?

No. The Drums of War pre-constructed decks play just fine on their own. Yes, there is a tournament requirement that decks use a minimum of 60 cards, but the game plays fine with far fewer than 60. So the Drums of War pre-cons are not tournament legal, but who uses pre-cons in a tournament anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.