Subject: Nuts! Some questions asked rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hi, I'm
Sweden
Borås
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
Per pale azure and sable, a unicorn rampant with feathered wings addorsed and elevated argent
mbmbmbmbmb
The place is Wiltz (Triangle 38) defended by a lone Garrison (at one Green pip). The german player moves 26 VG (at 3p Elite) from Holzthum and 5 FJ (at 2p veteran) from Diekirch via Ettelbruck (please ignore the movement cost for army boundaries). American player rolls to blow the bridges, first question arises:
*1 If The bridge over river between wiltz and ettelbruck was blown, would the 5 FJ still make it across? Why/why not?
Blowing the bridge between Wiltz and Holzthum the american player forces a river assault and uses a special action to reinforce the battle with 10:th Arm (at 3p Veteran) from Martelange (D'oh!).

In the ensuing combat both plays one artillery asset, second question:
*2 Can the American use artillery asset even though the 10th Arm is from 3:rd Army?
Artillery hits on both sides taking out the garrison and first pip on 26 VG, then ground combat occurs and the german player unsuprisingly hits nothing. American player does better with two hits distributed one on both german units.

Allied side begins, the german player should draw one chit out of the cup, but it's empty, counting the number of assets in the scenario this will pop up if the german player didn't use all his turn one assets, my third question:
*3 Is that supposed to happen? I thought the idea was to pool the assets for a decisive attack?

American player decides to attack, which leads to the fourth and final question:
*4 Are the german units now the defenders and do they now benefit from the approriate terrain modifier as listed in the Combat table?

Thank you for your time.

Edit: clarified the route 5 FJ took

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Peter,

Question 1: Read rule 5.35c for the answer.

Question 2: You can only assign an asset to a unit of the same Higher Echelon (see 6.22). There is one exception: (a) rule 14.62b allows the Allied player to pick an area and remove the restrictions in 6.22.

Question 3: If you don't use enough assets to cover your next turn's draw from the cup, you will encounter this situation. It is not an error or a problem - you have already decided how to manage your assets.

Question 4: The answer is yes, on the Allied side of the turn, the German player is the defender and benefits accordingly.

Thank you and good luck,
John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hi, I'm
Sweden
Borås
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
Per pale azure and sable, a unicorn rampant with feathered wings addorsed and elevated argent
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the swift answers, however, in question one, 5 FJ is coming in from another direction namely from Ettelbruck(39) I see now that this is unlcear, but nevertheless I finally found what I was looking for in 5.35d anyway, so all is well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.