Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Paschal
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two copies of the game and I was thinking about an interesting idea. What if I combined the counters from two games and doubled the RPs, raise the stacking limit to 2? I it seems like an interesting idea an would liven up the figting, but there are a few concerns to alleiviate, like worsening the perfect Russian stratgey. Any comments on raising the number of counters in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Sullivan
United States
Glen Carbon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, for me, it would take away from the game's strength ... a low counter density. But, to each his own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Glass
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read this a few times and since my board is set up for our current game of this, I sat and looked over what you are suggesting. I only have one question, so please do not take this the wrong way, but why?

Looks like doubling the RPs AND doubling the counters to allow stacking will make the game unplayable. Double RPs means everyone simply sits and absorbs hits. Double units in stacks won't change differentials much as both will be doubled so CRT won't go up much.

Not sure its a playable option. Sounds like you might be in the mood for a good 'ol game of the AH Guns of August.
Ron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just double the stacking to two. No increase of CRP production or change of costs.

+2 movement point penalty to stack or unstack.

Armies can stack only with Armies of their own nationality.

Stacking is permitted only in clear terrain.

Stacked armies cannot retreat.

Add only four more Russian Armies, add only two German Armies, only two American armies, and add only one more Army for each other Great Power: Britain, France, Italy, Austria.

Stacked American, French, British, German, and Russian Armies attack and defends @2, adding +2 to the strength of the attack or defense. Other stacked armies add only +1 to their stacks.

Each double-stack of Armies add +1 CRP loss to its own side, per stack involved in the attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.