Aaron Lambert
United States
Prescott
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
The toastest with the mostest
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I don't quite understand how going overboard works.
I know that:
1) You take a hit token (except Frenchy)
2) Lose all face-up cards (except life-preserver)
3) If you are unconscious, you immediately die (unless you have a face-up life-preserver)

But what I don't understand is exactly how long does that person stay overboard and also if they remain overboard for the next round does that prevent them from taking certain actions or being part of the Quartermaster/Navigator phases?

Now that I think about it, maybe they get back in the boat immediately after going overboard. Is this correct?

Also, can normal cards (in other words not special action cards like flare gun, parasol, or medical kit) be played or put face up in front of you at any time during the game? (except, I assume, when the kid is trying to steal a hidden card) I mostly want to know when the chum bucket can be played, but also for other cards as well.

Thanks,
Aaron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Meyaard
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Q: How long does that person stay overboard?
A: You take a point of damage and then climb back aboard before the next round.

Q: Can normal cards be played face up at any time?
A: Yes, any time.

Q: When do I chum the waters?
A: Because I usually "run" the game for my group to keep things moving, I typically call for actions when someone falls overboard... "does anyone have a life preserver they'd like to throw this poor fellow? ... no? Anything else you'd like to add to the water?" This usually triggers people to use the chum at the right time for the first couple of games.

Hope that helps!
-Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lambert
United States
Prescott
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
The toastest with the mostest
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, just what I needed to know. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean once a life preserver is face up it never goes away (but someone could steal it)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.