Popular Tags: [View All]
James Nigl
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been December of 2006 since I've played my game Repeat Pete! From summer of 2004 to December of 2006 I received several rejections and tweaked the prototype based on the some of what was said in the rejection letters I received. For those of you budding game desingners - you need patience! It takes a while for companies to get back to you, because they are looking through hundreds of submissions. Patch Products, the company that published my game, receives about 500 game submissions every year. Now it's August of 2008 and Repeat Pete is available. It's extremely exciting to finally see it and play it again. The following is a short biased review, since it's a game I created, of course I'm going to like it.

Components:
The game comes with a nice board for scoring, eight pawns, one penalty die, and two tuck-boxes to store the 288 different action and special action cards that come with the game. All the components are colorful and of a nice quality. The box cover is a bright yellow, so it's quite noticeable. It's neat to see some of my original rules in there, including some family memebers I used for the play example.

Game Play:
It's simple. You draw an action card and repeat all the previous actions in order and then add the action of your card. Some actions are with sound and some without sound. Some action cards you'll act like an animal and some cards you'll imitate a picture. The special action cards can skip your turn, reverses direction of play, or you do two more actions in a row. The actions will build into a long sequence until one player messes up. All players score for the cards they have performed for the round and the player who messes up rolls the penalty die. The game continues in this manner until one player reaches the finish space.

What I Think:
It's still as fun as I remember. That's the point of the game is to have fun! You'll start giggling and then laughing even at those who mess up the action sequence. If you can imagine your serious Uncle Bill dance like a ballerina, act like a monkey, throw a football, say "I'm Beautiful!", cry like a baby and then add the action of his card. It's quite funny!

Give Repeat Pete a try for 30 minutes of silly fun with family and friends. I think you'll like it!

You can go to www.patchproducts.com for the rules and read my inventor story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't sound like my type of game to be honest, but it is very very cool to share your story, that is a long time to see a game finally get published, just way cool in my book, Good luck with this and I hope it leads to more games designed for you.

It does sound like a fun one to play with kids though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds perfect for a few of the gatherings I have, but not for the gaming group. It's not intended for 'serious' game groups though, so that's not an issue. I'd give it a chance if I got it for free though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughn Sandor
United States
Monroe Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The BBC series is far better than the excellent NBC one. Now go watch it.
badge
This is not me but I have been known to dance like David Brent on occasion.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got my niece's birthday party to go to this weekend and I'm bringing the game along.

It should be a hoot and a holler!

I hope there is a card that says "Do a silly dance".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.