United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got to play this game yesterday, and it was pretty nifty, right up until I drew the Spiritual Puppet.

Quoting the card text from memory, I recall that the card tells me to name a "character," and roll the d6. On a 1-4, the "character" takes 3 damage. On a 5-6, I take 3 damage.

It would seem that if I'm targeting a character and not a player, this card implicitly allows me to publicly reveal a character to all players, providing I roll 1-4 and the character is in play.

This seems weird to me. If it's something as powerful as publicly revealing a character, wouldn't that have been explicity mentioned on the card?

Is there some mechanism that allows a character to take damage secretly?

Or should the card say "person" instead of "character?" Honestly, it sounds much more reasonable, intuitive, and fun that way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the rulebook says somewhere early on that the use of the words "character" and "player" are interchangeable.

Therefore, the Spiritual Puppet just allows you to target a player.

The game is not like Citadels, where you need to name a character.

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! It wasn't my copy of the game, so I don't have the rules handy to check.

EDIT: Just checked the online rules, and you're right! So I'd imagine that I would have said a player's name. That makes much more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.