1 Posts

San Juan» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Sommer
copenhagen downtown
flag msg tools
Our first game of san juan was going to be a two player game with the wife who was totally new to the game, as was I .

The cards were robust , clear & understandable and the rules were well laid out .Bettina switched instantly into female good shoppper mode ,ah no , the game paced through the first round or two with bettina picking up the idea of the cards becoming produce when laid on the production buildings & money when in your hand .The discard cards face down rules was instantly grasped .

We both had a few production buildings at first , with bettina going for indigo or sugar and higher types myself coffee , tobbacco and silver.My first purple building was the crane and bettina went with the poor house and used it as twice as she exhausted her hand in the following rounds.

I then built the quarry , which turned out to not so hot , tool forge (soso),prefecture (good card) and market stall which didn't work as I had planned.

Bettina went with the trading station , aquaduct( very handy) , well , tower (excellent), chapel(good) and a library (dnagerous please see notes).These combination was deadly and bettina soon was taking me to the cleaners.She stacked three cards under her chapel and built a monuement quickly.

I was in deep trouble... I quickly built a chapel and managed to stack 2 cards but with only 10 buildings most with higher VP point values , however the library was just killing me everytime .I had the pleasure , when I was mayor of not choicing the trader when bettina had goods on all of her 4 production buildings , that stung her a bit .

Bettina smacked down the city hall as 12th building as a winning move and I was history .

Final score

..........Buildings/chapel/6 buildings/=final

I got badly beaten but in doing so learnt a important rule , check the FAQ on BGG first .

You should take the library card OUT of the deck when playing two person games of San Juan saying the man andreas seyfarth himself .

Next time bettina ..just you wait :..Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Bettina loved the game and wants to pay all the time , husbands beware , women are natural shoppers so get ready for ass whopping!!

Highly recommended Game , excellent value for 14 pounds sterling.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.