Subject: House Rule - Goal Mulligan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found it difficult to play when dealt both goals of the same color (say Red Tree and Red Nest). While it is possible to forfeit a move to trade in one goal, I don't like penalizing a player for getting a bad draw. So, my house rule is that if you draw two of the same color you may call a mulligan and trade in one of your goals before the start of the game with no penalty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Smith
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also play with this same goal mulligan, but usually I do not take the mulligan if I have the option. The main reason is that I like to confuse my opponent and it's more fun if I can pretend to have a color that I do not have. If I've only got one color that I am collecting, it is easier to set my pieces up to make either a nest or a tree.

My favorite aspect of twin win is bluffing, so when I get two goals of the same color, I get double my fun. Hooray!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.