Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Greyskull
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I have many doubts concerning "mustering": may be you can help.
- There are regions in which I have armies at the beginning of the game, but with no settlements in there. I suppose I cannot muster, can I?

- Let's suppose that I want to muster in a city which is in a region at war. The city, however,is empty (nor armies of mine, no enemy armies are there, no armies have been there) Can i still muster? Do I need first to move some armies there before mustering?

- Let's say that both dwarves and elves are at war. Let's suppose that alla dwarves reinforcement are over. Can I muster elves in the settlements of the dwarves?

Let me know

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No

Yes, you can still muster. No, you don't need to move armies there first.

Don't think so, but can't cite the rule for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinny Tee
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need army units in a specific region to muster new units. Check page 12 of the rules under RECRUITING TROOPS.

To specifically answer your questions:

1) When recruiting new units or leaders you can only place them in a City, Town, or Stronghold of the Nation the unit you want to recruit belongs to. The units must belong to a Nation "At War".

2) You can always recruit units or leaders in a city where that Nation is "At War". No army units need to be there, so you don't have to move army units there first. In fact, you can't recruit units or leaders in a city which is controlled by the enemy.

3) No Elves can only be recruited in Elven controlled cities. (See 1) above.

Remember that recruiting units is still subject to the stacking limits of 10 maximum in any single region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G L
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify, regarding your 2nd question. You may muster in that city if you still CONTROL that city. You start out controlling that city, but if your opponent has captured that settlement previously, and placed a settlement control marker there (even if they no longer have troops there), then NO, you may not muster until you recapture the settlement (which would be done by moving an army there). See "Capturing a settlement", p. 15 in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only muster troops with a Muster die for a Nation that is at War in its own Settlements when they are under its control and not besieged. If you muster by playing an Event card, you may break those rules unless the card says otherwise. With that in mind...

AndreaGreyskull wrote:
- There are regions in which I have armies at the beginning of the game, but with no settlements in there. I suppose I cannot muster, can I?

No, unless mustering with an Event card that directs you to do so.

AndreaGreyskull wrote:
- Let's suppose that I want to muster in a city which is in a region at war. The city, however,is empty (nor armies of mine, no enemy armies are there, no armies have been there) Can i still muster? Do I need first to move some armies there before mustering?

You can muster if the City is empty. You only need to control the City, not have troops in it.

AndreaGreyskull wrote:
- Let's say that both dwarves and elves are at war. Let's suppose that alla dwarves reinforcement are over. Can I muster elves in the settlements of the dwarves?

No, unless mustering by playing an Event card that says you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What they said.

If you ever play a session in which you exhaust the dwarf reinforcements, you should write it up, it will probably be an amazing one...on the other hand it is quite easy to exhaust Sauron available reinforcements (of regulars). If you do this, you aren't allowed to build Saruman units in Sauron settlements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Greyskull
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gentlemen,
Thank you very much!
It's all, for the time being!

Regards

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.