Subject: Warhammer LCG? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Walkley
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The only thing Warhammer related I have heard of are the promo cards for UFS (including a character card for Emperor Karl Franz), which were packaged with the online Warhammer game.

This led to rumours that FFG were going to release a new UFS set based on Warhammer, although this is apparently untrue.

Beyond that, I have not heard anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charliethemutt wrote:
According to the following thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/335088

there might be a Warhammer LCG in the making. Did anyone see this game being tested? or play it? or know anything about it?

Thanks

Since that is my thread, I'll tell you where the rumor comes from. On the back of the LCG Guide, a 2 page handout introducing the LCG format that was handed out at GenCon, there is a list of LCGs:

A Game of Thrones LCG Core Set Available September 2008

Call of Cthulhu LCG Core Set Available October 2008

(A picture that looks like a warhammer with a silver handle and golden head, with a skull on the head and handle) Coming Spring 2009.

I would bet money that it is a Warhammer LCG. If I hear more, and they let me say anything about it, I'll let you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
What's an LCG? I guess CG is card game but what does the 'L' stand for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
panzer-attack wrote:

Living.

Essentially a non-collectible (or at least non-random) collecticble card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Walkley
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The 'L' stands for Living. As far as I can make out, it is when cards for the game a released in small fixed sets over a period of time instead of random boosters like CCGs use.

I think Call of Cthulhu was the first LCG, or at least the first to be promoted as such by FFG when they moved from random boosters to fixed 'Asylum Packs'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
panzer-attack wrote:

LCG stands for "Living Card Game" and is a new concept from Fantasy Flight Games.

Each LCG starts with a "Core Set" that has multiple pre-made decks, along with high quality game pieces, tokens, player aids, etc. It is completely self contained and ready to play out of the box. See the thread above for my review of the "A Game of Thrones Core Set" pre-released at GenCon. You can play the game right out of the box with good pre-selected decks and never have to buy another card if you don't want to.

Then, every month or so, they will release "Chapter Packs" for about $10 which will include one copy of every card available for that release. No more hunting rares.

Fantasyflightgames.com has more info, but that is the basics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh, cheers guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.